PC Games Team Fortress 2 is a 7 GB download on Steam

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mirage, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

If you are like me and use Steam (steampowered.com) to purchase all Valve games, then you know that sometimes it takes a while to download the games.

Their newest Orange Box is the biggest download I've ever purchased from Steam and I have to say right now I wish I had a faster internet connection.

All of the new files required to play JUST Team Fortress 2 add up to just under 7 GB. That's not even counting the Half-Life 2: Episode 1 & 2 that also come with it. So far Episode 1 seems to be extremely big as well.

I'm not complaining at Valve, just my slow internet connection. After all, the bigger the game files, the better quality the game should be. Hopefully that's the case at least.

I'm at 60% after just over 24 hours of downloading TF2 and Ep1 right now. Could be another day or two before it finishes at this rate. :(

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Hopefully it is as good as the previews make it look

3. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

Andrew, how much it cost, I took my steam off for a while, I might have to put it back on again.

4. Mirage

If you get it before the 10th you get the following for $44.95

Half-Life 2
    Half-Life 2: Episode 1
    Half-Life 2: Episode 2
    Portal
    Team Fortress 2

Steam - The Orange Box

That is an awesome deal if you ask me. :)

5. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

Not going to happen before the 10th, but I hope to get it in at least a month or so.

6. Mirage

Well it finally finished downloading. I have to say it's pretty awesome so far. 2fort is back, which is great because that was my favorite level from the original.

The cartoonish look goes well with the gameplay actually. And don't worry, just when you think it's a little too "kiddy" you see somebody get blown to pieces, literally. Let's just say it's the most violent "cartoon" game I've played. In true original Half-Life style, body parts fly everywhere when grenades go off.

Ouch.

7. Psyco

Psyco Food Whore

That would take god only knows how long for me... considering how my campus meters my bandwith, and likes to downthrottle me..... Well, that, and my 5gb bandwith a day cap.

I'll just get a physical copy.

8. Mirage

Can you play the physical copy without a CD though? That's the best part about buying it through Steam. I hate having to load CD's each time I want to play a game.

9. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

Man you finally finished up, wow. I would hope it was awesome after the time you just took to download it.

It sounds great, can't wait to get it.

10. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

My friends have been trying to get me into HL2 for some time now, as I believe you have, too, Andrew. That's quite the massive download, and I give you props for sitting it out.

My biggest so far is 20+ gigs, and it took around two weeks.