• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Teaching kids to play FPS

ThatGuy

I'm trying to teach my 8 year old cousin how to play Halo 2, and its proving to be extremely frustrating. He can't move properly in game. He strafes around and never actually turns while moving. In other words he can't move or aim with any accuracy.

Anyone have experience teaching someone young how to play video games and have any suggestions?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Find an old N64 and teach him to play Goldeneye or Perfect Dark first. Then, after he gets the hang of that, switch him over to Halo.

Arielle

I don't think starting a kid with an FPS is such a great idea. Try platforming first to teach them some reflexes, or action/adventure to show them puzzle-solving. FPSes can be pretty tough for youngsters. :-/