Teacher Mutilates Self to Teach “Meaning of Death”

An elementary school teacher (31) who sought to make his elementary school students “understand death” by graphically illustrating “death” to them by cutting himself repeatedly with a blade, and ensuring they saw the whole bloody act, traumatising them severely in the process, has been subject to a temporary pay cut.

According to the Board of Education responsible, in April the teacher confronted four of his homeroom students just before class, and then in two places carved open his left arm with a box cutter, showing the students both the act of cutting, and the blood which liberally welled up from the wounds.

One of the children subsequently has problems sleeping after witnessing this, such was the terror experienced.

He explained his actions by saying that he wanted to make the children “understand the meaning of death”.

After his instructive lectures he apparently lapsed into depression, and took a long absence from school.

He has been given a 10% pay cut for three months by way of a disciplinary measure.

In other news, the same Board of Education responsible for his punishment suspended a teacher (48) from her post for four months for updating her blog during working hours.

She was apparently writing about colleagues and student’s personal circumstances, though identifying them only by their initials, and explained her blogging by saying it was in response to stress.

She opted to retire after the verdict was rendered.
I'm not posting links to the source as it contains adult content, but here's the entire article |:

Kinda messed up isn't it? I can't believe that teacher would post on her blog during working hours!

princessbella

Registered Member
wait kids were emotionally scarred by some sick, shouldnt be a teacher toss pot and gets a pay cut

a teacher is writing on her blog, (i disagree with the content on some levels) was suspended?!

punishments dont seem to fit the crime, its like they have a stoned monkey making their decisions

wait kids were emotionally scarred by some sick, shouldnt be a teacher toss pot and gets a pay cut

a teacher is writing on her blog, (i disagree with the content on some levels) was suspended?!

punishments dont seem to fit the crime, its like they have a stoned monkey making their decisions
Well, once a guy starts carving his arm open with a box cutter, you start running out of punishments to out-do that

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
That's outrageous. The teacher's method is flawed. He should have really killed himself so the students would have dealt with understanding his death (that was the objective).

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
He was just taking visual learners into consideration. Whether or not those students understand death better, they sure understand crazy now.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
That's outrageous. The teacher's method is flawed. He should have really killed himself so the students would have dealt with understanding his death (that was the objective).
Well, yeah --> That's why he got the pay cut.

The school curriculum clearly states that death is, in fact, more than just blood and gore, especially considering that not all people die in a bloody mess.

Cutting yourself to illustrate the loss of life is about as effective a learning tool as verbally describing colour to person born blind. Clearly the man is incompetent as an instructor.

(Wow, injustice really brings out the worst in me. :sick:)