• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Teacher fired for inappropriate conduct with a student

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
UPDATE: New Trier fires teacher over alleged relationship with student — Winnetka & Northfield news, photos and events — TribLocal.com

The suspension fueled a flurry of hushed talk at New Trier’s Winnetka Campus this week.

After school Tuesday, dozens of New Trier High School Students walking west along Winnetka Avenue declined to comment — several said they had been instructed by teachers not to speak with the media.

One student who stopped to talk to a reporter was shouted at by a gray-bearded man, apparently a school employee, who was walking through the Metra train station parking lot, just west of the school property. The man told the student he was not to speak with journalists. The student quickly apologized and walked away.
Do you know any teachers around your area or at your old school that had a relationship with a student? If so, what happened?

We had this girl in tenth grade that seeing one of our teachers. When the word came out he got fired right away, and was charged(don't know what happened in the case)

I think it happens more often then people want to believe, it's just not all stories like this one is made public.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it is two consenting adults... Like a senior about to graduate.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I didn't know the girl involved as she was many years older than me but I did hear about a girl in our sixth form (I am not sure what that is in the US but's between the ages of 17 & 19) who was having a relationship with a male teacher. I am not sure how true this was (you know what the rumour mill is like in a school) but from all accounts it was true. He apperently also lost a lot of a-level papers and re-marked them but again this is all based on rumours.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
In my university, some teachers have relationship with the students. I assume there was no specific rule against them going out with students, but it's just frowned upon especially if student risks to be under his/her class (risk of favoritism rumors, etc.). I mean that's how I think is the rule because the teachers I know haven't been fired. But then, they're also within the acceptable consenting age for sex.

Wade8813

Registered Member
In my university, some teachers have relationship with the students. I assume there was no specific rule against them going out with students, but it's just frowned upon especially if student risks to be under his/her class (risk of favoritism rumors, etc.). I mean that's how I think is the rule because the teachers I know haven't been fired. But then, they're also within the acceptable consenting age for sex.
Interesting. At least here, even when they're at the consenting age, I don't think it's allowed (similar to how therapists shouldn't with a fully grown adult) - there's just too much positional power etc.