Teacher Charged In Classroom Incident

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Critter, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Critter

Critter Registered Member

Teacher Charged In Classroom Incident - New Hampshire News Story - WMUR Manchester

"CHESTER, N.H. --

A Chester teacher is being charged with simple assault for using force to discipline a child acting out in class.In October 2009 at Chester Academy, Ann Raspuzzi's sixth-grade science class did an experiment on buoyancy with a tub of water. One boy ignored her instructions to keep his hands out of the tub. Police said she struck him in the back of the head.The district suspended Raspuzzi for three days with pay, but reinstated her to the classroom over the concerns of the boy's mother. Now with the misdemeanor charge, that could change. Police said they took a long time because they wanted to get this case right -- they even brought it to a justice at Derry District Court for review.The Chester School Board sent News 9 a statement saying three separate investigations by the NH Department of Education backed the disciplinary action it took in this case.Attempts to reach Raspuzzi for comment were unsuccessful. We have learned she will retired at the end of this school year.The boy's parents said he has not returned to science class since the incident and received separate instruction."

I am hoping some if not all of you will not support the teachers action no one is saying one kid did is right.

but you never ever put hands on kids at all.

2. anmracing

anmracing Registered Member

This only teaches the kids that they can get away with anything they want. Just keep your damn mits out of the water!!! How hard is it to pay attention to your elders. Well apparently it doesn't matter. I'm surprised anyone would want to be a teacher since the parents won't help train the kids what is right and what is wrong. "Don't worry little Billy you don't have to listen to your teachers. Heck, if your bad and they hit you, we'll make lots of money!!!!"

What did the teacher do, knock the kid on his ass or just tapped him on the back of the head to get him to quit? Guess it doesn't matter......

3. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

4. Critter

wow you people sicking me.... :| he was playing with damn fucking water for god shakes. and he was not getting away with it. god you people act like chewing gum is fucking sin.
    ------
    it might be nothing compare to that in both cases its wrong.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  5. anmracing

Critter, calm down. You posted this to start a conversation and so I said what I believe in. Sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear......

Yes, it was fuckin water and that is the point, he couldn't just stop screwing around for a minute so the other kids could learn something since apparently he didn't feel like learning something new. Maybe he already know what would happen and wanted to keep all that knowledge for himself.....

I'm sorry if i sicken you because I think a child should listen to his/her teacher......... Next time I will only respond with a Kool-aide response. Since it seems we all must have the same idea and thoughts...

6. Chowmein

Chowmein Registered Member

Wow, you do realize that opinions will vary on what you posted , right?

My take on it... this kid wasn't listening and got slapped up side the head after being disobediant. Is that acceptable to me.... uuum yes, to you? Obviously not , so be it , no need to go off on people about it.

7. anmracing

Dang! That is terrible.

This is what really gets me about the story though....

"It emerged during the four-day trial that pupils at the school were trying to wind up Harvey so his reaction could be caught on a camcorder being used secretly by a girl in the class.

The footage was then to be passed around the school as a way of "humiliating" him."

I wonder where they learn these things? It's a scary world out there.

8. JessEpiphany

JessEpiphany Registered Member

While I don't completely disagree with the action itself, I don't think it was the best thing for the teacher to do.
    This boy is in 6th grade, meaning he is probably about 11 years old. He is old enough to know right from wrong and to follow simple directions. I think a better option for the teacher would have been to remove him from class and give him a failing grade for that project for not following directions.
    But, what's done is done. And while I think the action probably wasn't the most appropriate, I don't think it sounds like the teacher is a threat to any other students.

I wonder though if the claims are even true. Kids can be very... manipulative... deceitful... liars.
    Last year a woman in the school kitchen where I work quit because a little boy accused her (for the second time) of hitting him. I knew she didn't. Just like I knew the previous manager left because the same little boy had accused him of violence also. Some of these kids- they grow up different than what we might have, or different than how we raise our own kids. Some of them see and hear things they shouldn't. They learn early how to get their way, even if it means lying.

While I don't condone this teacher's actions, I kind of feel sorry for her because a big part of me wonders how much of it has been blown out of proportion.

9. Critter

he is a kid, why do you support hitting this teachs kids it is OK TO HIT. IS WHAT YOU FAIL TO REALIZE there are other damn ways to teach a child. ok he in 6 grade these kids loose there attetion span easily. A a child its wrong. they should but no teacher has a fucking right to hit A FUCKING CHILD.

I understand opioions will disagree but supportying a teacher for hitting a child is not RIGHT you are teaching kids its ok to hit so your teaching a child its ok to be a bully... this what the fucking is the problem. leave the displaine to the parents. send the kid to the office or out of the class room. sit him in the conornor etc... do something other than a fucking kid. why should i come down when people support hitting a kid?

Don't think i heard of this one hum...

Holy shit... again you never hit a kid that is not yours. your never put a hand another child/kid in else your trying to safe his or her life. why is it that you think kids lie?

do you know where kids learn to lie? you want to know ADULTS yes you .... so if you don't want you child to lie than don't just assuming they going to lie. the cops did invesgation deeply into it. before they charge her. there enough edvince to support it. Plus it cannot be drop in nh i already know i had simple assult charge on me before. (i am not getting into it)

in the state of nh simple assault state is going to go after you. the teacher knows better not to put hands on a kid. she admit she hit him. the police would of never charge if it was a flick or a push etc...

you guys want to think kids are bad. look at yourself first.

10. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Should have smacked the kid into next week.

idisrsly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.