Tea Party FTW!

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Tea party does not want to be a 3rd party, that is a recipe for fail! No, the conservative/libertarian & tea party must retake the republican party from the country club blue blood ruling class elites that are more concerned with their position of power than what their constituents want or what the constitution allows.

Gavik

Registered Member
Tea party does not want to be a 3rd party, that is a recipe for fail! No, the conservative/libertarian & tea party must retake the republican party from the country club blue blood ruling class elites that are more concerned with their position of power than what their constituents want or what the constitution allows.
A 2 party system is exactly what keeps the ruling class in power.

Your tea party has already been co-opted by the republicans and fox news. Why would News Corp (mouthpiece of the global ruling class) be covering and supporting something like this if they were a threat to anyone?

The best way to fight the opposition is to control it. Conservative "dissent" (which in this case is really just hard line rather than dissenting) has been channeled into an acceptable outlet that will pose no real threat in the long run.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Not if we reclaim our party from them!

I don't agree with your assessment of the tea party and Fox news covers it because it gets them ratings. They have an audience and they know how to provide unique content to retain those viewers.

I agree about the control part, that is what (I hope) this conservative/libertarian grassroots ascendency will do. Throw McCain and his ilk out, they're merely puppets to their own egos and ambitions.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I lived in Alaska for 10 years and the Murkowski name was Alaska politics, second only to the Steven name (RIP-Ted Stevens). Murkowski and Stevens for that matter were establishment ruling class republicans. That is a huge win for the TeaParty.

Its happening everywhere. Bob Bennett was ousted, Mike Lee, Marco Rubio, Sharon Angle, Rand Paul..

Gavik

Registered Member
Not if we reclaim our party from them!
Again, assuming that A: It's your party and B: a two party system will ever bring about change. It's structure puts keeping the status quo as the number 1 priority. Hoping for such a system to bring about fundamental, beneficial change is like hoping your car will lift off and fly you out of rush hour traffic. It's not what it's designed to do.

I don't agree with your assessment of the tea party and Fox news covers it because it gets them ratings. They have an audience and they know how to provide unique content to retain those viewers.
Not really. Every station parrots the idea, Fox is just doing it in the most overt manner. Keeping the narrative to support this tea "party" is the job of the corporate media.

I agree about the control part, that is what (I hope) this conservative/libertarian grassroots ascendency will do. Throw McCain and his ilk out, they're merely puppets to their own egos and ambitions.
Where do you think all this money for the tea "party" is coming from? The establishment has just come up with a convenient way to funnel all the unhappy conservatives into a single wing of the republican party. That way they can feel like they're making a change without actually affecting the system.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Again, assuming that A: It's your party and B: a two party system will ever bring about change. It's structure puts keeping the status quo as the number 1 priority. Hoping for such a system to bring about fundamental, beneficial change is like hoping your car will lift off and fly you out of rush hour traffic. It's not what it's designed to do.
Maybe I'm just an optimist but I do hope that the status quo can be changed within the existing system.

Not really. Every station parrots the idea, Fox is just doing it in the most overt manner. Keeping the narrative to support this tea "party" is the job of the corporate media.
Maybe, or maybe it is the reflection of a popular movement that no one group controls.

Where do you think all this money for the tea "party" is coming from? The establishment has just come up with a convenient way to funnel all the unhappy conservatives into a single wing of the republican party. That way they can feel like they're making a change without actually affecting the system.
Again, maybe. Or maybe this will send the message up the chain that the ruling class is being put on notice.

Jeremy

Registered Member
Or maybe this will send the message up the chain that the ruling class is being put on notice.
On notice of what, pray tell? That some peasants are upset? They don't care. The masses are fat and complacent. We are appeased by bread and circuses and thinking this tea party is nothing more than a circus is asinine and ignorant. They get a little bit of the spotlight so they think they're doing something when in reality nothing they say or do matters. The masses think they're a bunch of stupid rednecks, the "powers that be" don't give a flying fuck what they think, so what do they really have other than 15 minutes of fame, if not infamy, and being outcasted from the rest of society?