Tea Baggers, Racists & Anti-American Rednecks

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Mirage, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What do you think about the people calling the people who attended the recent "Taxed Enough Already" Tea Parties "Tea baggers" and "racists", among other things.

Is this sort of labeling appropriate or inappropriate?

When you watch this interview on MSNBC, do you feel that the news network was fair in their coverage? Why or why not?

YouTube - Janeane Garofalo calls teabaggers "racist rednecks"

CNN said the programs were not family friendly and slammed the people there.

YouTube - It's On! Showdown Between CNN Reporter & Chicago Tea Party Guests

I did like this private recording of the same reporter getting owned, however.

YouTube - *OWNAGE* - CNN Reporter Owned Off Camera

So what do you think? Are the tea bagging, racists, anti-American, redneck, etc comments justified? And what about Janeane Garofalo's statement that all black people who attended the Tea Parties are victims of Stockholm syndrome?

Fair statements or unprofessional?

pro2A likes this.

2. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I don't agree with what they are saying, and I think it's rather rude. This is America after all and they are free to say what they want. My issue is being labeled a right wing "extremist" because I believe in this stuff, and possibly being on a government list somewhere. I mean god forbid I agree with the Constitution and interpret it literally... I'm a real extremist :rolleyes:

Isn't this what Hitler did to eliminate the opposition? Labeled them extremists? Sad no one sees it :shake:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

it just goes to show about how ill-informed these people are.

The Tea-Party in my area was attended by all walks of life. There was no way to id who was Democrat and who was Republican, who was conservative and who was Liberal. All I saw there was Americans.

But seriously, I saw White people, Asians, Mexicans, Blacks, Arabs... there was clearly not just one stereotypical brand of person that attended here.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

How 'bout that, the FBI lady from "24" labelling people based on certain stupid things. That was a weird thing to see, almost belongs on FOX news now that I think about it.

5. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I'll be the first to say, I'm tired of the two party system. This isn't about right and left anymore... it's about right and wrong. Taxing people's labor and production just to give it to others has nothing to do with political affiliation... people are tired of Washington spending their money. Thats what it comes down to, and that is what these protests were about.

6. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

No the comments aren't justified, they're idiotic. But I wouldn't expect anything else from Jeneane Garafalo, it's not like she's ever made an intelligent comment. Let me add, as a Hispanic I found her comments to be extremely insulting. As far as most of the coverage, they were horrible. Journalism is dead.

And I agree with Pro, this has nothing to do with Republican or Democrat, left or right, liberal or conservative, it's about those in Congress ignoring the limitations of the Constitution and they're spending.

7. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

Its too bad. Even though I've known for a long time Garafalo's a dumbass, I did like some of her movies. I just will never be able to watch another one again after what she said.
    Everybody's known forever that the news is just blatantly biased and last week should erase any doubts. What Hybrix posted was just a piece of what the MSM had to say about it. Here's an article about the non-stop sexual jokes on CNN and MSNBC about the parties:
    Cable Anchors, Guests Use Tea Parties as Platform for Frat House Humor - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com
    I guess the word teabagging refers to a sexual act between 2 homosexual men? Really not sure?
    But does anyone really doubt the uproar that would have occurred if during the inauguration news anchors would have referred to crowds of Obama supporters as acting like crazed homosexuals?

Mirage likes this.
  8. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

Yes! You're right! It's terrible and immature that such terms are being tossed around so freely in this day and age of "civilized" politics!

Why, it's almost as bad as drawing parallels between Liberalism and Nazism/Hitler, just because they disagree with your own stance; if you get my drift, please and thank you. :stare:

Once again, I remain officially neutral on this topic.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  9. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

More like a humiliating prank then some kind of consensual act generally.

10. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag