TD Waterhouse Merging with Ameritrade

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know if anyone here uses either TD Waterhouse or Ameritrade for online stock trades, but it will interest you to know that they are merging.

This is old news, but I just got an updated email about it and decided to start a thread. (I am a TD Waterhouse user myself.)

The new name will be TD Ameritrade, and it will be the 4th largest online stock brokerage in the world. This will be a huge benefit to all of the clients because they will be piecing the new system together by taking the best of both. The trading client should be much better that it already was since they will be combining them into one.

I have used TD Waterhouse exclusively since I started trading online, and have been very happy so far. This is a good change if you ask me.

Does anyone else here use either of the two or have any thoughts on the merger?

Roland_Jenkins

Registered Member
We just did get a notice from Ameritrade about this yesterday. It said in part . . .

A special update and invitation for you . . .
Dear xxxxx,

Our acquisition of the U.S. brokerage business of TD Waterhouse is proceeding right on track. As we bring our two companies together to create TD Ameritrade, we'll be bringing you an expanded investing and trading experience, with a comprehensive suite of financial services and easier access to all of the markets' potential. Soon, as a client of TD Ameritrade, you'll have even more of the tools, choices and resources you need to help you spot and seize market opportunities.
Followed by more blah blah blah and an offer to take a survey, which we passed on.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I got a similar email from TDW. I may take the survey, since it will help them decide what features are important to users, but as long as it's just as good as before I shouldn't have a problem with it. I will most likely pass on it too.