• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Taylor Swift.

Bcatz3

Registered Member
Do you like the songs she writes?
Do you like her as a person?

I like her a lot as a person. She wrote a song in 2011 called Ronan, it is a great song about a little boy who has cancer and dies. She read his blog his mother wrote every night and decided to write a song for him. Not only did she write it but she used things that she said on her blog for the song. So it's a really touching song. She made the mother Co-writer of the song and she made a foundation for it. It's called The Ronan Thomson Foundation for children that have cancer.

Do you know any other people that have done anything like that?

dDave

V.I.P.
Her music is generally annoying to me these days. I don't deny that she has a ton of talent, I'd be pretty dumb to make that statement. Her music is grossly overplayed though, I typically don't like anything that is overplayed, it gets boring to me.

Here's one of her songs that I'll always like. It will always take me back to the time that one of my friends sang it right near the end of Senior year in High School.

Taylor Swift - Never Grow Up - [LYRICS] - YouTube

It's just a special song to me for personal reasons.

Bcatz3

Registered Member
Her music is generally annoying to me these days. I don't deny that she has a ton of talent, I'd be pretty dumb to make that statement. Her music is grossly overplayed though, I typically don't like anything that is overplayed, it gets boring to me.

Here's one of her songs that I'll always like. It will always take me back to the time that one of my friends sang it right near the end of Senior year in High School.

Taylor Swift - Never Grow Up - [LYRICS] - YouTube

It's just a special song to me for personal reasons.
I agree with you, her new songs are so annoying. I HATE We Are Never Getting Back Together and 21. I like her older stuff. I love that song that you just put up, I used to listen to it all the time.

Have you ever heard Ronan, I never heard it on the radio.
Here is a link if you haven't: Ronan- Taylor Swift (Tribute) - YouTube

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't know if I like her as a person, because I don't really pay attention to celebrity interviews, media attention or anything like that. I tend to ignore everything like that, because I would rather like an artist for their work rather than their personal beliefs or how they fuck up their lives.

There are a few songs of hers that I like, she's on my iPod. Probably about 6 songs.

dDave

V.I.P.
I agree with you, her new songs are so annoying. I HATE We Are Never Getting Back Together and 21. I like her older stuff. I love that song that you just put up, I used to listen to it all the time.

Have you ever heard Ronan, I never heard it on the radio.
Here is a link if you haven't: Ronan- Taylor Swift (Tribute) - YouTube
I agree, her most recent album is pretty aggravating to listen to. I know tons of people that have it and they play it WAY too much. It's not even that good but they worship it because it's Taylor Swift.

I have Taylor Swift, Fearless, and Speak Now (Deluxe). They're not bad albums at all but they're not my first choice just because I'll be burned out on her music for a while.

I don't know if I like her as a person, because I don't really pay attention to celebrity interviews, media attention or anything like that. I tend to ignore everything like that, because I would rather like an artist for their work rather than their personal beliefs or how they fuck up their lives.

There are a few songs of hers that I like, she's on my iPod. Probably about 6 songs.
I think that celebrity news is a joke for the most part as well. Seriously, who cares?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I absolutely love Taylor Swift, she's a great singer and a great person. She might write those odd stupid songs about John Mayer and whoever her latest ex is but there's no denying the fact that she is a great singer.

My fave song is Our Song.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm not a big fan of her music. She has a few songs that don't make me immediately turn off the radio but the majority of her stuff is not for me.

I've never met her, so I have no idea if I like her personally.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I strongly dislike Taylor Swift. I think that her songwriting is geared towards a certain group of people and it most certainly does not include me. She comes off as a phony to me, also. She's playing a character of this innocent country girl when I believe that isn't true at all.

I do not like Taylor Swift. She's too much like bubblegum pop for me.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I like her. I don't listen to her music often but when I do I like it well enough, and she seems lovely in person.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I don't know a lot about her, but I do dislike the fact she writes songs about ex boyfriends. It's immature and a stupid way to air your dirty laundry.