• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Taylor Swift - Speak Now

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just picked up this album yesterday. I have to say it's easily her best album to date. Yes, I listen to Taylor Swift and I have no shame.

Here's one of the better songs on the album:

YouTube - Long Live - Taylor Swift [Full with Lyrics]

Target worked out some sort of deal with her to be the exclusive vendor of the Deluxe version of this album. The extra songs on the Deluxe album are actually better than some of the songs on the main one. Not sure what they were thinking by limiting the release of those:

YouTube - 17. Superman - Taylor Swift - Speak Now With Lyrics

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Why is it a shame that you listen to her ?
She's one of the most beautiful girls in the world but overall, she's got good songs.

Dabs

Registered Member
Isn't she so lovely??...and beautiful??
To be so young and so talented, she can have the world at her feet!
I like her song "Love Story" the best :)

Impact

V.I.P.
I haven't heard her new album. I actually quite like both those songs you posted. So, if the bonus tracks are through Target only, how do us overseas people get our hands on them?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I haven't heard her new album. I actually quite like both those songs you posted. So, if the bonus tracks are through Target only, how do us overseas people get our hands on them?
Download them and you're done.

Impact

V.I.P.
Yeah, I meant if I wanted to buy her album. My comp is too full to download anything right now.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
All her songs sound so similiar. Similiar time signatures and similiar beats and similiar vocal styles. I mean, you can expect some similiarity because that's her style, however to me it always seems like I'm listening to the same 2 or 3 songs with different lyrics. She's got a talented enough voice that she could experiment a little and have some fun with her music. Instead, she pumps out these cliche'ish lyrics over cliche'ish beats.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've never understood the fascination with Taylor Swift, I think she sounds like most young new singers(that sings the same genre as her.)

I'll admit, she's talented and stuff, but I don't understand why she's so popular and being recongnized as one of the best female artist in today's music industry.

Each their own though.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Same way I did. Who actually goes to Target anymore anyway? ScatterTunes | Taylor Swift SPEAK NOW (Deluxe Edition) V-Album Only at Target

All her songs sound so similiar. Similiar time signatures and similiar beats and similiar vocal styles. I mean, you can expect some similiarity because that's her style, however to me it always seems like I'm listening to the same 2 or 3 songs with different lyrics. She's got a talented enough voice that she could experiment a little and have some fun with her music. Instead, she pumps out these cliche'ish lyrics over cliche'ish beats.
I would tend to agree with you to a degree, but I also think this latest album shows more "versions" of her style than before. Also, I prefer artists who stick with what works as opposed to constantly changing their style. When I hear "This CD is just like so and so's last album" and their last album happens to be one I liked, then at least I know I'll like the new one too.

Although in this case I didn't like her second album that much and actually didn't get all the songs off of it from iTunes. I have all from her first and third though. Her first is definitely more of a country feel.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I think Taylor has a pretty distinct sound/voice. People can easily identify her and her brand of music, which is light, catchy and easy to sing along to.

I just don't like it when she starts writing songs that are subtle stabs at people and are easily figured out (like that song about Kenye. Jesus, it's not like he killed her dog or anything).

I wonder if she's ever going to write a song about what she did to make all those guys break up with her.