• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music Taylor Swift Plays a Guy in “The Man” Music Video

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
What do you think of Taylor Swift’s makeup and acting performance in this video?

Here’s my full write up on it. Taylor Swift is Unrecognizable as "The Man" in Her Latest Music Video

Overall, I was impressed. I think she did a great job and if I didn’t know it was her, I wouldn’t have realized that character was being played by a female.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I first saw it on your fb post. It's amazing! Make up was great and I liked the coaching to be "a man" - gestures we never really think of before.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I like the video! It's pretty funny. I can't say I'm a fan of the song, though. Taylor Swift is more talented than this generic pop song. The new Lady Gaga song has the same issue, imo.

dDave

V.I.P.
Only has like 40 million hits on youtube after over a month. That would be considered a flop considering it's Taylor Swift (she has videos that have gone over a billion).

Don't really care for the song if I'm being honest. I find the subject matter mildly off-putting. In fairness, I haven't even somewhat liked anything Taylor Swift has released since her third album. She never should have joined the pop scene.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@dDave, she’s had some great singles lately. My favorite singles from her last three albums are:

Listen to those. I’m sure one or two will grow on you.