TV Taxi

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was watching this show the other day and I had to make a thread about it on these forums. Is there any Taxi fans in here?

I'm a huge fan of this show, it's so funny and they have a great cast. Danny DeVito is so funny in that show, then you have Christopher Llyod playing the stupid guy. I'm also a big fan of Tony Danza in this show. I've seen almost every episode, and there's not one that I haven't burst out laughing. It's one of my favorite tv shows of all time.

Any fans?

Steerpike

Registered Member
One can appreciate the writing for both comedy and pathos.

I recall one episode when Tony's sister came to town and Tony tried to set her up with Alex. But when his sister got interested in Jim, Tony didn't take it favorably. We see his protectiveness of his sister and his high opinion of Alex by viewing him as being worthy of his sister.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I remember that episode, it was great, but I have to agree with you the writting of Taxi was great, but like I mentioned in my earlier post what I was most impress by was the cast, they just worked well with each other and they were simply hilarious.

Steerpike

Registered Member
Yeah I remember that episode, it was great, but I have to agree with you the writting of Taxi was great, but like I mentioned in my earlier post what I was most impress by was the cast, they just worked well with each other and they were simply hilarious.
It is the cast that "brings the script to life."

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
OMG I remember laughing so hard at the one where Reverend Jim was trying to take his driving test, and he asked them "what does a yellow light mean" and they said "slow down", so he said "what.... does... a... yellow... light... mean"