Taxes = Theft

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
My view on taxes are simple. If they are not apportioned or if they are a direct tax as the constitution sets forth, said tax is unconstitutional therefore it is theft. Taking money out of my paycheck without my consent is theft.

According to Wiki, "theft is the illegal taking of another person's property without that person's freely-given consent". I don't freely consent to give up my money, they threaten me with liens and other bullshit and still take it. That is the exact definition of theft.

A legal tax would be one that is not direct and that I willfully give. For example a sales tax. I'm not forced to pay that tax, but I can choose when and where I buy goods and services.

The reason I made this thread is simple really. The state of Maryland still says I owe them $800 bucks in back taxes. I say I don't, but they still are going to take it from me regardless of the evidence I set forth. To me that is theft.

To me taxes are restrictions on freedom because they take what is lawfully mine and spend it on crap that I would never spend my money on. My freedom to spend that $800 dollars on what I see fit is now gone because Maryland wants to take it.

We already have taxes for public service. Gas taxes pay for the roads and highways, sales tax goes towards public utilities, corporate income tax pays for the military, your property tax pays for schools and police, there are lotteries in each state that pay for infrastructure and welfare etc... (EDIT: Just to clarify, I have no issue with these taxes as they are apportioned and are indirect) why do they have a personal income tax? To me it is simple theft to control you.

In your opinion, does the INCOME tax = theft?

Last edited:
You sound like my good friend, Sean O'Haire. Now, he speaks with a passion - more than I do, so listen to him and his speech:

YouTube - Sean O' Haire Promo on Taxes & Government
Ahh, how do I miss him. Wish he came back to the WWE.
Kidding aside, I agree with you to a point. Certain taxes are theft while others I consider healthy, well spent contributions for services you use directly or indirectly. The government disguises the word 'theft' by calling it 'taxes'. It boils down to an illusionary scam taking money from you whether you want it to happen or not and spending it on who knows what. Err... The Bridge to Nowhere, perhaps? o_O;

Sort of on the subject of this I also feel strongly the same about labor unions. I used to be in one, and well, yeah... it sucked. They siphoned my paycheck every time I got one, and what did I get besides screwed? Nothing. Labor unions are a scam, too, because everything they say they will do I can do by myself. Promotion? I can ask my boss myself, I don't need to go through a third party to make sure it's all neat and tidy. Pssf... SCAM!

Solutions(??):
o-- Move to another country
o-- Take action starting in your town and work your way up
o-- Get paid in cash
o-- Buy some protection, so when you get attacked from behind it won't hurt as much? >.<;

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Doesn't sound like theft to me. It sounds like the price of admission for living in this country.

Of course, that doesn't mean that there aren't some bullshit tax laws and some incredibly idiotic taxes out there, but I don't see how taxes are theft. You should be required to help your country and taxes are part of that system. Don't want to pay them? Then don't live here. But like I said, there are some taxes that make it very difficult to agree with.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I have no issue with taxes. I know they need to be paid so I can drive on the road, so I can expect the fire department if my house burns down and so I can send my kids to school. Thats why we have constitutional taxes.

But when I am threatened with levies and liens with no warrants because I supposedly didn't pay what they claim I owe... that is what is bullshit. Do you think the founders really intended that the government could wield the power of the state by power of force if you supposedly don't pay a tax? Thats a little over kill if you ask me. Intercepting my money without a warrant would be considered theft.

Last edited:

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Well, Pro, what does america run on?

Money

The Government has every right to tax us. They need money, where do they get it from? Sure, some things they spend money on aren't needed. But that is up to you to regulate. Write your congressman, senator, or representative, tell them that they need to cut taxes and cut spending.

You live here. America has made you successful. A nice living space, a good income (enough to keep your gun hobby going I might add), and you have a wife. America gave you this. Your hard work in America has given you this. The least you can do is pay it back, but again, it is up to you and everyone you know to write the people who control that money. If the budget is legitamately decided, then so be it.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Well, Pro, what does america run on?

Money

The Government has every right to tax us. They need money, where do they get it from? Sure, some things they spend money on aren't needed. But that is up to you to regulate. Write your congressman, senator, or representative, tell them that they need to cut taxes and cut spending.

You live here. America has made you successful. A nice living space, a good income (enough to keep your gun hobby going I might add), and you have a wife. America gave you this. Your hard work in America has given you this. The least you can do is pay it back, but again, it is up to you and everyone you know to write the people who control that money. If the budget is legitamately decided, then so be it.
America didn't give me shit. I made my own way... all government has done is get in my way. Imagine where I'd be today if the government didn't take 1/3 of everything I own...

Read my above posts.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
America didn't give me shit. I made my own way...
That sounds extremely ignorant especially of someone who preaches the importance of our armed forces. So America has given you nothing? So you were the sole man who fought in the Persian Gulf War? Vietnam? World War 2?

Man, you must be tired.

:lol:

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
That sounds extremely ignorant especially of someone who preaches the importance of our armed forces. So America has given you nothing? So you were the sole man who fought in the Persian Gulf War? Vietnam? World War 2?

Man, you must be tired.

:lol:
I second this. I have others to add

did you go to the moon?
Did you run NASA?
Are you the only fire fighter in america?
Are you the sole cop in America?

The fact that you live here means you have to pay taxes. And again, i cannot stress enough that you HAVE to write your representatives. Send them a letter everyday, the same letter in fact, and some one will be bound to hear you. tell your friends that to.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
America didn't give me shit. I made my own way... all government has done is get in my way. Imagine where I'd be today if the government didn't take 1/3 of everything I own...

Read my above posts.
America provided you the opportunity to earn your income. Not to mention the schools you attended and the ones your children will attend if they havent already.