Tax Free Weekend!!

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by raye_raye, Aug 1, 2008.

1. raye_raye

raye_raye my bologna has a 1st name

:DAnyone else have tax free weekend?
    Ccity in AL does!! I got to work at 630am and don't go home until 1030pm. YEY! Gotta love that overtime! Anyone going to be out shopping? I'm at work and guess what its Tax Free Weekend!!

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

It started midnight today and I shall not be anywhere near the stores.

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

A tax free weekend? Never heard of it? Are you referring to sales tax?

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Yep every year for I don't know how many years now they have at sales tax free weekend on certain items deemed school worthy. However, this years list is beyond me in that it is way more than school supplies and clothes lol

5. raye_raye

everything in our store (ccity) is considered -sales- tax free except for tv's and it has to have a price of 750 or lower

6. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I think we already had ours, but I am not sure.. Luckily I do not work anywhere that would be affected by it, but when I did I sometimes wanted to pull my hair out.

7. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

How high is your sales tax?? 8 or 9 %?

8. raye_raye

AL's sale tax is 9%

also included in the exemption, CLOTHES!!!!

9. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I lied ours was this past weekend.... Ugh! I gave up on shopping.. I swear! I had to go in Wal-mart and geez... It was horrible. I was wondering why there were about 8 times the amount of people there than there would normally be on a weekend.

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

We have one in a few weeks. I don't see a huge deal anyways. I guess it's important if you're buying big expensive stuff like appliances.