• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tattoos

Merricles

Registered Member
Alright, I was replying to another post about what people think of tattoo design ideas and this occured to me.

My wife and I have talked about getting tattoos many times. I have 4, but she does not have any. She has expressed interest in getting some, and I do not agree with some of the locations. To me, tattoos on girls are in general a turn off. Some I find nice, but then there is the location as well. A tattoo anywhere on the chest of a female is just not something I find attractive at all. I suppose it really depends on the tattoo size and location.

In any case, I'm just curious to know what others out there think. I am sure that I am not the only person who has ever face this issue with a spouse/partner. Although this is not a current issue the wife and I are facing (we have other things on our plate at the moment) it has come up from time to time. So, what do you all think?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Tattoos are a huge turn off for me. I don't like them on anybody, whether a boy or a girl.
I don't like it on others as well as nor on myself. I strongly disagree with tattooed names ...especially the name of a partner. If you break up from them and their name is still on your skin then it becomes kind of ridiculous and I don't know how your next partner can accept it.

Willy

Registered Member
I have a couple but accept they are not for everyone. I would never have a partners name tattoed anywhere on my body though. No one knows what the future holds and it could and has I am sure prove to be a big mistake. I am also not a fan of having "mum" or "Dad" or anything similar tattoes. But its an individual choice, I like mine but they are for me and not for anyone else really and I would not have a tattoo because someone said "That would be cool" Hardly anyone I work with know I have any tattoos. My Mother gave me rock all about having them done though.

Merricles

Registered Member
Alright, I guess I left the wrong impression here. I do not mean to ask what everyone thinks about getting someones name tattooed on them. I mean to ask, in a relationship (mainly a marriage), should getting a tattoo be a joint decision? I mean, if my wife got a tat all over her tits, I would NOT be ok with it or find it attractive and it would seriously hinder my desire to see her without a top.

Willy

Registered Member
Alright, I guess I left the wrong impression here. I do not mean to ask what everyone thinks about getting someones name tattooed on them. I mean to ask, in a relationship (mainly a marriage), should getting a tattoo be a joint decision? I mean, if my wife got a tat all over her tits, I would NOT be ok with it or find it attractive and it would seriously hinder my desire to see her without a top.
Argh, sorry, understand, I am a bit thick. Personally I am of the opinion that its her body its her choice and I would never say "No you are not.........." Conversely I would discuss with my wife that I intended to get another tattoo but would not expect her permission to go ahead and have it done, again, my body my choice.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I find tattoos a huge turn on, so I would be all over that like white on rice. but seriously, it's her body, her choice. that being said, I think it would be nice and respectful of her if she discussed it with you, but ultimately she makes the decision. I don't think it's a joint decision at all.

Merricles

Registered Member
I find tattoos a huge turn on, so I would be all over that like white on rice. but seriously, it's her body, her choice. that being said, I think it would be nice and respectful of her if she discussed it with you, but ultimately she makes the decision. I don't think it's a joint decision at all.

what if its brown rice?

As for her body her choice, yeah got that part. But I wouldnt go out and get a tattoo all over my face or something if it wasnt ok with my partner.

Willy

Registered Member
I would never go out and just get a tattoo without discussing it first and I would take her views in to consideration but like I said my body my choice.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I’m gonna echo what Iris said. It’s their body and their choice. They shouldn’t have to discuss it with you, but it would be nice of they mentioned it. Personally, I think tattoos are pretty hot if they’re done right, and as long as they’re NOT name tattoos. Might just be me, but I’ve always thought that getting a tattoo of your SO’s name is a jinx. A few years ago, my cousin got his ex-fiance’s name tattooed on his left tricep, a few months later they broke up and he had it covered with a tribal design (which I think is equally tacky.) And covering them up or having them removed isn’t cheap either.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
If it bothers you that much then personally I think she shouldn't get it. Well, yeah it's her choice completely but what I mean is if I was in her position then in this case I would put partner preferences over something that I think would look cool. Call me old fashioned but if they really despise the idea, then I would absolutely take that into account. Maybe I just can't relate as much because I would never get a tattoo...