• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tattoos

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
We had this thread about three years ago, so I decided to start a new one.

Do you have any tattoos? What is it? Where is it? Do you want more?

I have one on my shoulder/arm - it's a skull in a a sun. I got it when I was 19, and I didn't really put any thought into it. Picked the first thing off the wall that I liked. I really want to have some work done around it, sort of like a half sleeve. But, that will have to wait til I have enough money.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I have two tattoos. When I get them, I try to make them about something special to me that I'll never regret. I have a cross on my right bicep because I'm Catholic and I figured that would never change. I got the word Unity on my left bicep for a couple of reasons. First, I love the band 311 and their positive philosophy, and that's the title of one of their songs and a word that that they tend to use a lot in lyrics. Second, it summarizes my philosophy about life pretty well as far as bringing people together, looking for the best in people, etc. I've had my third in mind for a while now - Thor's hammer. I'm a big comic book fan, and also the first Thor movie was the last movie I saw with a close friend from childhood that died suddenly in 2011. I've also always wanted to get another 311 tattoo to go with the word I mentioned - probably one of their logos near it on my arm.

I don't envision myself ever getting a sleeve, but more individual tattoos as I think of them.

Powerful

Registered Member
I also have two -- one a homage to my home state; the other my kids' names -- and regret neither. I'll get at least two more, something to memorialize my parents.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't have any tattoos and I don't plan on ever getting any. I prefer to keep my body in its natural state, and I'm just not a fan of body modifications in general, whether it's tattoos, piercings, plastic surgery, etc, but to each his own.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Having tattoos is not for me. I'd rather spend my money on other things. But even if I were rich, I wouldn't bother with tattoos. I don't see what the point would be.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I have two, one on each ankle. Thistle on my left, celtic knot moon design on my right. I will be getting another very soon on my right upper arm.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have two, one on each ankle. Thistle on my left, celtic knot moon design on my right. I will be getting another very soon on my right upper arm.
What are you planning to get? Have you been thinking about getting this new one for a while now?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
What are you planning to get? Have you been thinking about getting this new one for a while now?
It's a celtic dog paw design. I haven't been thinking about that specific design for a long time, but my sister got me a gift certificate for a tattoo as a graduation gift and I knew I wanted it to be something dog related. I saw the design on Pinterest and knew immediately that it was what I wanted.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's a celtic dog paw design. I haven't been thinking about that specific design for a long time, but my sister got me a gift certificate for a tattoo as a graduation gift and I knew I wanted it to be something dog related. I saw the design on Pinterest and knew immediately that it was what I wanted.
That's an awesome gift. I would have gotten a lot more tattoos if they weren't so damn expensive.