• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tattoo's or piercing's anyone?

teena

Registered Member
Hi, well I have both ears pierced twice and my tongue and I'm going to get a tattoo sometime soon just have not picked a date yet, I was some flowers and a big butterfly (because that kinda the symbol for someone who has lost alot of weight, and so I have lost 160 pounds) and both of my boy birth signs.
Teena:)

nani1987

Registered Member
teena said:
Hi, well I have both ears pierced twice and my tongue and I'm going to get a tattoo sometime soon just have not picked a date yet, I was some flowers and a big butterfly (because that kinda the symbol for someone who has lost alot of weight, and so I have lost 160 pounds) and both of my boy birth signs.
Teena:)
well congrads teena that is something when you can set your mind to do something.
Before i got sick with ms, i was so skinny and can never put on weight, now my metabelisom caught up with me and i need to loose at least 25 lbs, boy it's hard to do................ especially when you are sitting down or laying down all day... i working on my legs but that is hard too.........

Mina

Registered Member
How bad is getting your tounge done?? I am going to do it, just want to be ready for it

Julie

Registered Member
Mina said:
How bad is getting your tounge done?? I am going to do it, just want to be ready for it
I've never had my tongue done, but friends of mine said it hurt a lot & could only eat liquid food for a while.

I have my left ear lobe pierced twice & one in my upper left ear. Right ear lobe pierced once. I have 2 tats...left shoulder blade has 2 hearts connected with an arrow & ribbon design around it (I don't know I CAN'T SEE IT to describe it all the way). on my outer left ankle is a rose with a heart on the stem. I don't want anymore piercings or tats.

The_Human_Pin

Registered Member
well well well

I have more mods than you can shake a stick at!

Over 5000 piercings in my life but about 9 are permanent.

Septum (middle nose)
stretched ears to 1.25 inch
labret (between lip and chin)
nipples
frenum (male genital)
chin (self explanitory thru meat of the chin)
tongue

over 30 tattoo's ranging in size,topic,color,and style (4 on face or head)

as long as you have a properly trained piercer or tattooist falling and scraping your kneee hurts a whole hell of a lot more.

now as to advise for finding a tattooist (look at there portfolio and ask to talk to previous clients)

as to a piercer ask there medical qualifications and who trained them to be a piercer because a bad piercer can kill you the same as a bad doctor or nurse can.

Piercer's should have in my opinion (and I am very highly qualified and involved with regulating my industry so an expert so to speak)-

Nursing level anatomy and physiology
standard first aid
cpr-c
bloodborne pathogens

all equiptment that can be sterilized should be including toothpicks and q-tips so ask to make sure this happens because Hep-C can live on anything for up to 7 days in a dry environment.

any other questions feel free to email me at [email protected]

Nanner

Registered Member
I think you all know I am NOT a prude! Something I've never been accused of!!!....but tongue rings (balls......whatever) gross me out! ANYWHERE but there! Ick! I have yet to see a person with one who could talk normal either. Always wondered. Since the tongue is such a big muscle if you decide to take it out and never replace it will the hole ever go away? Think I'd do any body part (and I do mean any) before I'd do that one. But....to each his/her own I guess.

Ummm is my age showing? :D

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
The_Human_Pin said:
as long as you have a properly trained piercer or tattooist falling and scraping your kneee hurts a whole hell of a lot more.
Amen :D . I'm glad to see that there is some one who explains it the same way I do.
And the same goes for brandings and cuttings..

PS If your gonna get a tat or any of all the above mentioned be original make yours one of a kind. Don't pick it off the wall........

Catch ya later................... :warp:

Last edited:

doubles2004

Registered Member
Yes Nanner our age is showing ,,,,But i dont mind hell i know im a old goat :lol:

The_Human_Pin

Registered Member
the tongue is comprised of 2 muscles side by side that is why you can fold your tongue in half (kinda) and a proper piercing is done inbetween the muscles where there are little to no nerve endings.

if done properly with appropriate jewelry speach problems are very rare and I would bet on the lottery before gaining a speach prob.

As to gross well to each there own but this piercing has been around since the dawn of time (Myan's and Inca's for example) and can be helpful for sexual stimulation.

Just a b**ch to eat taffy with one :)

B "THP" M

Mina

Registered Member
So true!! That is why I designed my own! Now I just have to find the right person to do it :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hilander Science & History 4
EndWinterRomance Art & Creative 18
A General Discussion 30