• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Targeted Audience/Marketing

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Do you pay attention to the target audience for anything you purchase, games you play, or media you consume? Do you fit into the target audience more often than not?

I know I generally don't pay attention to the target audience for anything. I don't think that being a part of the target audience is parallel to enjoying what I feel is best. I'm sure that shows like Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are targeted to my age group. I also like a lot of old kid's cartoons, Pokemon, Magic: The Gathering, and lots and lots of junk food.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I like what I like, and I'm generally not influenced at all by marketing. I'm sure I fit into the target audience for a lot of the stuff I like. I mean, I like sports, girls, beer, the outdoors, games, etc, and the target audience for those things tend to be young to middle aged males.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
When it comes to creating stuff for others, I do pay attention to the target market. But you never know, it could attract more than just the target market, just like with the current My Little Pony series when attracted adults along with the kids.

dDave

V.I.P.
I like what I like, and I'm generally not influenced at all by marketing. I'm sure I fit into the target audience for a lot of the stuff I like. I mean, I like sports, girls, beer, the outdoors, games, etc, and the target audience for those things tend to be young to middle aged males.
Same for me. I'm sure that I fit into the target audience for a lot of things I enjoy, but I don't do that intentionally.

I like things like games, driving, music, etc. pretty standard things for a guy my age to like.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
I don't even pay attention to it.

I'm extremely behind with the times in a lot of different ways. I rarely watch television for example and loads of people always talk to me about the latest TV fads and the only reply I can give them is a dumbfounded look and an eased in, "I haven't seen that show yet. Sorry...".

I don't exactly try to keep up to date with these kinds of things but sometimes I manage to without even knowing about it.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I have no clue. I don't even pay attention to those things and have no idea what is being targeted towards me. Most of the time I don't even see commercials or advertisements because I don't watch tv.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I like a lot of things that are probably targeted at people younger than me. It doesn't bother me one bit, though. So long as I'm having a good time and not hurting anyone, I don't see the problem.
The things that are targeted to women of my age don't usually grab my interest. I never really know what most people are talking about.