Target pulls Manhunt 2!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by SamusAran86, Nov 8, 2007.

1. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Super Mario Galaxy Review - Nintendo Wii Review - Australia's PAL Gaming Network

doesnt really surprise me.

After hackers pulled out the 'blur' after only a few hours after release, Target is probably worried about the whole 'Hot Coffee' issue from GTA3

It also wouldnt surprise me if hacks were not made for the console versions, made rediable by the end of they year.

How many more do you think will pull the title from the shelf?

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Considering that this game is about as close as they come to playing the part of a serial torturer and killer, I wouldn't be surprised to see many stores pull it. It doesn't quite land in the "family friendly" let alone "friendly", let alone, anything even "slightly" positive category.

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I hope it doesn't get pulled before I can get my hands on a copy, I hate having an original game changed.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Yeah, I'm so glad I have the original Ocarina of Time.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Gotta love the Gold Cartridge Zelda editions. But that's another thread in itself.

It will be interesting to see what stores pull GTA4. It's predicted to be one of the best selling games of all time and could quite possibly beat out even Halo 3 in sales. You know there could definitely be some "Easter Eggs" in GTA4 also but stores will have to weigh the sales they will lose out on if they pull it.

6. RarePD

RarePD Registered Member

What do you mean hackers removed the "blur"?

Huh?

7. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

There was some stuff in the Original creation of Manhunt 2 that gave it a rating so that the stores would not sell it at all. So they put in some coding to blur parts of the scenes that were deemed too offensive.

Now hackers have been able to create hacks to remove the blurs that were created. Now some stores are pulling the game because of the issues that were brought up with another game (I believe it was Grand Theft Auto 3, I think), after hackers were able to find some mature graphics hidden in the coding.

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

It was the GTA:SA Hot Coffee mod where it showed the main character having sex, and it really didn't show that much of it.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't understand why certain stores won't sell games with excessive violence and gore. Or nudity or something. It's not like there isn't worse stuff in movies that those stores are selling.