Target donates 150k to (R) Emmer who is against gay marriage

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Iris, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Target's $150,000 Donation To Fund Anti-Gay Politics | Gay Rights | Change.org

Target Boycott Movement Grows Following Donation to Support "Antigay" Candidate - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Did anyone else hear about this? I honestly think it's ridiculous about people throwing a hissy fit... So what if the CEO is a republican (Assuming since he is backing a republican)? That's his right. Target has a lot of policies in place to protect everyone from any kind of harassment. They kind of over do it, as well. They have someone there who handles it as well as numbers to call in case nothing is done about it by any of the managers in the store...

Not only is it to protect gay and lesbians, but EVERYONE. It seems like the CEO made a poor business decision... But does that mean target as a whole are homophobic drones who kiss the CEO's ass? No. Sorry, but the reaction I have seen from the gay community so far is pretty ridiculous.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It's about picking your battles when it comes to social revolution. This sort of thing is not going to threaten the gay community, it's just a company donating a sum of money to a politician. Tell me they donated 150k to scientific research on how to destroy the gay gene then I may be skeptical but I agree, the outrage is a bit silly.

3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I agree with Cons on this one. This doesn't mean Target is anti-gay marriage, I've never been 100% agreement with any politician I have ever supported or voted for. Obviously the CEO supports Emmer, that doesn't mean he supports all of his policies, only more so than his opponent.

4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

The more logical answer is that Target donated $15o,ooo because Republicans are typically for giving tax breaks to businesses. It's just this one candidate happens to be anti-gay.