• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Target credit card security breach

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Payment card data was stolen from an unknown number of Target Corp. customers starting on the busy Black Friday weekend in a major breach at the U.S. retailer, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Target customers hit in major credit card security breach - CBS News
They think this might be one of the largest breeches to date. They think this information was obtained because of software installed on machines customers swipe their credit cards on. The secret service is investigating and I hope they catch them.

If I was at a Target store on black Friday up until December 15th I would have my account number changed.

dDave

V.I.P.
There isn't a Target in a convenient location around here, that means I don't shop at Target (luckily).

It's stuff like this that makes me like spending cash at the store instead of using my card, this could happen to any store.

Hopefully they'll update their security procedures accordingly so this doesn't happen again.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Last time I went to Target was way back in August so I should be okay but man, this sucks. I remember it happened to Schnucks not too long ago.

People are scum.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Another reason I wish I studied IT in school rather than English. Seriously, with all the data breaches we hear about each day, you'd think these idiots would be more careful with their data. Thankfully, I do not believe I've shopped there recently.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't see how she can hold them responsible, they were hacked.

Hackers are going to put a end to doing business online.

Santa

Registered Member
I thought my card had been taken by these Target hackers because I went to buy gas and my card wasn't being accepted. Only happened on one day though. Weird. Might call the company tomorrow and make sure everything's ok.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you get a $9.84 charge on your credit card for customer support you might should cancel the card. The thieves are charging people this amount hoping people won't catch it.

A major new credit card scam has been uncovered claiming to offer 'customer support' and making charges of $9.84 to accounts.
The Better Business Bureau today warned the unexpected charges are a clear sign the consumers card number is being used by crooks.
Those who investigated the charge were send to a page offering 'customer support' - which was also part of the scam.

Credit card scam alert over mysterious $9.84 'customer service' payments | Mail Online