Tara's future in TNA in doubt

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Source: Rajah.com

This sucks because I always thought Victoria/Tara was a very good in ring performer for the gals.

There is a report going around indicating that Lisa Marie Varon's (a/k/a Tara) current contract with TNA will be expiring shortly and that she may not re-sign. Reportedly, she is looking for a pay raise as well as more time off from the road in order to focus on her custom car shop in Louisville.
In response to the report, she posted a blog on her Myspace account saying that her time with TNA appears to be coming to an end as they have been unable to come to an agreement on a contract renewal. She says she wanted a pay increase, but TNA didn't budge.

She wrote: "It appears that I'm winding down at TNA. Unfortunately some organizations "leak" information to wrestling websites to put their spin on a situation, to make sure they come out in the best light. Not me. I'm gonna say it. I'm gonna put my name on it. And I'm going to stand behind it.

"I came to TNA last year because I still had a lot of wrestling left in me. I was paid a fraction of what I thought I deserved. But I wanted to show I was still at the top of my game. Now my contract is up in May. I want a modest pay increase. They don't want to pay me what I think is fair. I have no problem going my own way."

It was also indicated in the report that many people within the organization feel she's difficult to work with, with a few complaints regarding her cited. Her in-ring work has also been questioned as some feel she's not putting forth her best effort.

In response to this, she wrote: "But about 12 hours after the conversation where we didn't agree on pay, unnamed sources claim that I am hard to work with and that I don't give my best effort. My only response is that TNA made an aggressive effort to re-sign me, among other things saying that they want to build the women's division around me. And I think wrestling fans see, both on TV and at live events, that I always give 100%. I take pride in that. Smearing me on the way out the door is an act of second rate character.

"I take pride in making my best effort to elevate my own wrestling and the entire TNA Women's Division. If people were rubbed the wrong way in the process, I stand behind my work and my positive intentions.

"In closing I will say this. In the few weeks that I have left in TNA, I will be the same wrestler that you have seen for the past ten years. After that, I haven't decided if I will stay in wrestling, or finally make the jump to MMA. I do have a lot of irons in the fire. We'll see where life takes me. But wherever that is, there's gonna be competition, and I'm gonna give it my all."
You can read her blog post here.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Dont care very much about this news but she's always been on top wrestling wise compared to the other women wrestlers. If she doesn't want to re-sign with TNA because all of those demands then TNA should just let her walk...because in all honesty it's not that big of a loss IMO. There's other wrestlers out there I'm sure that could wrestle just as good.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Shittles to this news. As a dedicated wrestler with genuine heart and soul, Varon's a big plus for my pro wrestling entertainment. And I'm not just saying that because she's from down the road in San Berdoo!

wooly

I am the woolrus
Tara would be a big loss to TNA i think. Victoria was always one of my favourite WWF divas and i think Tara is one of the best in TNA aswell (even with her lame tarantula gimmick). Plus it's extra worrying because i heard Sarita and Taylor Wilde's futures may be in doubt aswell. If all three are let go then that's a huge loss to the Knockouts division. Three of the best wrestlers in it.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Of all of the Knockouts on TNA, I enjoy Tara and Angelina Love the most. If anyone goes it should NOT be any of them (and Sarita and Taylor) but instead the Beautiful People (mainly Lacey Von Erich).

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Felt bad, so I sent her a note:

Hi, I'm Ian Murdock from Whittier. You don't know me, I'm sure. I just want to say how very much you stand out for your integrity in your profession, as I'm sure you would have done in any other career you might have chosen. Yes, I appreciate the legitimacy and all the fun you've brought to my TV experience thus far, but only so much can be gleaned from that. It's been through your unscripted words leaking down to me from time to time that I've come to get a sense for and really respect the person behind the characters.

So, now I read that you're turning a corner and leaving the eight-legged freaking to the Arquettes. Good on you, keeping your dignity and taking the high road when others may have no concept of same. This is what I'm talking about; this is why I'm writing. The young, and impressionable around the world watch every move their heroes make. You, Ms. Varon, you seem never to forget that.

For the sake of context, you're only the second pro wrestler I've ever pestered (Foley deserved a comment after two PWT clowns raked his Improv comedy debut, which I attended). In other words, I want you to know that I'm not just blowing starstruck gibberish up your ass, if you'll pardon the poor metaphor. Wherever you go next, and even if you choose to leave the spotlight forever, you will always have true fans and supporters like me.

Cheers,
Ian

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Ahhh, this sucks really. I honestly won't lose sleep, but she was definitely in the top 3 of the knockouts in TNA, and to lose her is a step down for the company.

She was an awesome talent in the WWE, and she did pretty well in TNA, all I can say is good luck to her and her future endeavours.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I feel bad for her, and it does suck for TNA. The Knockouts division will still thrive without her, I think. She's not the cornerstone of it by any means, just a great veteran addition. There's a lot of talent that can still make it great. Still, Tara rules and I wish her the best. Ideally I hope she and TNA do work something out.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's where rumor sites come in and it's probably all bullshit...

I still its my duty to put it out there lol...

As reported earlier, Lisa Marie Varon (a/k/a Tara) has just over two weeks remaining on her TNA contract as her current deal expires on May 21. In a blog post last week, she indicated leaving the promotion as company officials

declined her request for a "modest pay increase." She also expressed her displeasure with unnamed sources claiming she's difficult to work with and that she has not given her best effort for the promotion.

"My only response is that TNA made an aggressive effort to re-sign me, among other things saying that they want to build the women's division around me," Varon wrote in response to an online report. "And I think wrestling fans see, both on TV and at live events, that I always give 100%. I take pride in that. Smearing me on the way out the door is an act of second rate character."

For what it's worth, a second party has indicated Varon being difficult to work with as the Wrestling Globe Newsletter reports receiving a number of stories on the multi-time champion burying her peers behind their backs to management. Among the stories cited are reports of Varon complaining about various female wrestlers on house show tours, refusing to work with certain individuals altogether, and squashing numerous storylines — all of which she denies.

Some time ago, management addressed her issues and told talent to handle their personal problems amongst themselves. It's been said that company president Dixie Carter wants no part of any backstage turmoil and doesn't want the office to get caught up in political games. She has made it clear that if the problems continued, the solution would be something talent will not like.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
My instinct tells me that this stuff is false, especially since she's an established vet and respected female wrestler.

Still, you never know what someone's individual personality is like.