• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tandem Tag Team Ideas

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I guess the only way I'd enjoy seeing Mysterio tag is if it was with CM Punk as a member of the SES.
I love CM Punk's style of wrestling, almost Muay Thai-like. But to see Mysterio join the SES would be a bit underwhelming... and I don't know if the WWE wants Rey to make such a drastic heel turn.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Funny to see the last posts being about CM Punk and the Straight-Edge Society.

I wanted to bump this thread because of a new tag team idea that I have, and because it would be good to hear of any new ideas that people can come up with based on the current wrestling atmposphere.

Spoilers from the 01/10/11 RAW

Now that Justin Gabriel is gone from the Nexus, I think that he and a returning Evan Bourne (whenever he heals up) would make a perfect tag team. Unless either is slated to be competing for the US or IC titles, they'd really make a great WWE version of the Motor City Machineguns.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Now that Justin Gabriel is gone from the Nexus, I think that he and a returning Evan Bourne (whenever he heals up) would make a perfect tag team. Unless either is slated to be competing for the US or IC titles, they'd really make a great WWE version of the Motor City Machineguns.
That would be great! I would love that!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
So do you have any newer ideas for tag team formations in either of the big two companies?
Well I would ADORE a tag team with Alex Riley and The Miz working together, but I do agree with Gabriel/Bourne and even Gabriel/Kofi (The African Connection).

In TNA, don't know which two to add. British Invasion already has that ring to it with Wolfe and Magnus that I love. Wouldn't make much sense with the tag landscape there to add teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I wanted to bump this thread yet again!

Any ideas for new tag teams based on the recent WWE Draft?

BigBob

Registered Member
Can we bring Eugene back and partner him up with Hornswoggle? :(

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Can we bring Eugene back and partner him up with Hornswoggle? :(
Haha that would be amazingly funny.

Here's one, Swagger and Drew! They seemed to have good chemistry, and could be a good team.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Two that I can think of from RAW:

--Ryder/Hawkins again...this is somewhat iffy, as they might not count as a "tandem" as a former tag team.

--Tyler Reks/Vladimir Kozlov - I'd really like to see Kozlov as a heel again, or at least serious. A tag team of him and Reks could be formidable and entertaining.

And on Smackdown:

--Daniel Bryan/Tyson Kidd - if Kidd or Brian were to change face/heel status, they'd make an incredible technical tag team.

--Brodius Clay/Mark Henry - Now THAT's power, lol.

--And as with Ryder/Hawkins, I wouldn't mind seeing Rhodes/DiBiase tag together every once in a while. I know that Rhodes is past that, but it would be entertaining.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I would also like to see more of Swagger/McIntyre, I ithink that they would be a solid tag team.