• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tandem Tag Team Ideas

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So as most of you, there is a craze for tag teams consisting of two WWE superstars thrown together. There are great successes (ShowMiz/JeriShow) and some that just don't make much sense (R-Truth/Morrison).

My idea for this thread is for you to toss out ideas of tandem teams that you think would rock...teams that could have a solid place in the current state of the WWE.

Brainstorming...ready, go! :cool:

-----------------------------

My first pick would be a sort of dream team representing the best of tag wrestling in recent history: Christian & Matt Hardy. Both were the less successful members of their teams that still went on to be great wrestlers. The link of being innovators in tag wrestling, and having a history of feuds/alliances, would be a perfect reason to put them together. They have very compatible in-ring styles and I think their personality types (their characters') would click. If the plan is for neither of them to advance in the singles' side of the WWE, I would be STOKED to see this team happen.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not a huge fan of single stars teamming up together, but for the sake of this thread I'll give in.

A team that I would really love to see teammed up is Kofi Kingston and Shelton Benjamin. Benjamin has already proven that he can work well in a tag team. These two together would be so entertaining to watch, both of them are really talented in the ring and high flyers.

They would definitely put on a great match every week for the fans.

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
Funaki and Jimmy Wang Yang!

Okay seriously...lol...

Hmmm Goldust and Rhodes would be fun to see together.

Orrrr r truth and jtg

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I do like the idea of Goldust and Rhodes. I could see that happening IF Rhodes somehow went face, but I doubt that would happen. More likely would be a feud between the two, which would be great.
------
Another I was thinking of would be the new heel Shad Gaspard and Ezekiel Jackson when he returns.

I'd rather see both have singles success, but they would make a great team.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I much rather have Goldust feud with his brother instead of teamming up together. If done right it could be a great one.

Jackson and Shad would be a scary tandem, both of them are power houses.

BigBob

Registered Member
I know this thread was started mainly for WWE tag teams, but I'm going to toss in a mix. Because they were the reasons I started watching their shows, Kane and Abyss. Obviously its not going to be the most entertaining, but like i said, they were the reasons why i started watching their respective shows.

And because i love highflyers, Jeff and AJ teaming up.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love the idea of R-Truth and JTG and dont hate the Japanese mix team either haha.

Kingston and Truth would be good.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Jackson and Shad would be a scary tandem, both of them are power houses.
Now that Cryme Tyme is done, I can see this tag team and I would tune in to watch them.

Another team that could be fun is John Morrison and Rey Mysterio (but that will never happen). E&C reunion anyone?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't believe it would be a good idea to put Mysterio in a tag team with anyone. First off he's extremely over as a single superstar and I wrestlers that are so over shouldn't be in tag teams in my opinion. Not saying he wouldn't make a good tag team partner I just feel he should stay as a single star.

Morisson had enough to shine as a Tag Team(just likle HBK did at the beginning of his career with The Heart Breakers) it's now time to give him a chance as a single star and see if he can take the torch and run with it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I don't believe it would be a good idea to put Mysterio in a tag team with anyone. First off he's extremely over as a single superstar and I wrestlers that are so over shouldn't be in tag teams in my opinion. Not saying he wouldn't make a good tag team partner I just feel he should stay as a single star.

Morisson had enough to shine as a Tag Team(just likle HBK did at the beginning of his career with The Heart Breakers) it's now time to give him a chance as a single star and see if he can take the torch and run with it.
Well said on both parts.

I guess the only way I'd enjoy seeing Mysterio tag is if it was with CM Punk as a member of the SES.