Tampa Bay: Repeat?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Merc, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

So it seems people are ready to count Tampa Bay out already, do you really believe last season was a fluke season like the Rockies in 07? Personally, I don't think they'll be as amazing, but I still think Tampa is going to rock some shoes.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think they'll finish third after the Yankees and the Red Sox, they'll have a good season once again this year, but I don't think they'll repeat what they did a season ago. They have a lot of talent, and they are probably going to finish 10 games over .500, but I dont think they'll make it into the playoffs this season.

3. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

You know if people take a good look, in spite of their youth the Rays may have the best all around rotation in the division, especially if we're going to make a case for Kasmir as the best pitcher in the AL.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

It's going to be tough and if they were in any other division I'd write them in as divisional champs. I think they'll definitely be competitive again but where they finish is going to be tough.

5. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Registered Member

I personally don't think it was a fluke season. The Rays are a top young team with a GREAT nucleaus, it wouldn't be a shock whatsoever to find them back in the Series. With a pitching staff that boasts Scott Kazmir (what were the Mets thinking in trading this guy for a converted shortstop?) James Shields, David Price, AnDrew Sonnanstine, along with great players like Carlos Pena, Evan Longoria, Carl Crawford, Akinori Iwamura, etc, etc.... they will again be a top contender in a very, very tough American League East.

6. Unstoppable

Unstoppable Registered Member

not to mention BJ Upton, the dude was a beast in the ALCS last year

that being said i just don't see them repeating the success they had last year, they're a great team and last year was no fluke, i just think the competition will be too tough for them this year, put them in ANY other division and they would win it, but the AL East is just going to be tough, they may get the wild card, but they won't win the division