Movies Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

NASCAR stock car racing sensation Ricky Bobby (Will Ferrell) is a national hero because of his "win at all costs" approach. He and his loyal racing partner, childhood friend Cal Naughton Jr. (John C. Reilly), are a fearless duo -- "Shake" and "Bake" by their fans for their ability to finish so many races in the #1 and #2 positions, with Cal always in second place. When flamboyant French Formula One driver Jean Girard (Sacha Baron Cohen) challenges "Shake" and "Bake" for the supremacy of NASCAR, Ricky Bobby must face his own demons and fight Girard for the right to be known as racing's top driver

courtesy of imdb.com

This is the new Will Ferrell movie, and it looks hilarious I've just seen the trailer yesterday, and I laughed my ass off, I think it's going to be one of is best yet.

2. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I think it will be good, but be critically bashed and seen as a flop by many. My reasoning behind this is that people that are going to go are probably ging to be people that loved Anchorman, so they will hold it up to insane standards, and it probably won't completely meet them. Thats my guess anyway.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well it's the same creators has Anchoman, so it should be funny like that movie, and my opinion by seeing this trailer I think it's going to be better then Anchorman.