Talent initiative on ECW

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Teddy Long mentioned tonight of some sort of talent initiative and I could only assume that'll mean more and more young newcomers to the ECW roster...which I am happy to hear. There's a reason everyone thought ECW lost the draft; its because they did lose but for a good reason.

Atlas DaBoun (sp), now Atlas Ortiz debuted tonight in a win over Estrada. I like the idea of bringing in new bodies. Although I thought the Atlas/Armando match was kinda flat. But its his first match, I'll give him time

2. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I don't mind some new wrestlers, as long as they don't go nuts. Some of the last "new talent initiatives" ended up bringing in too many people that sucked. The Dicks and Gymini come to mind.

I agree that Atlas' match was kind of so-so. I'll give him a chance, like Millz.

3. Millz

Yeah but that initiative also brought in John Cena, Dave Batista, Orlando Jordan etc...to name a few. Not sure we have that kinda talent (exclude Jordan) out there but you never know.

4. Unity

I had forgotten that they were a part of that. Good call. OJ wasn't bad, either. I thought he was great as a member of JBL's cabinet.

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Were Gymini just Danny and Doug Bashum with steroids?

I remember when Batista came to SmackDown! with some well dress manager promoting him. He got little to no pop at the time until he got moved to RAW, got rid of the manager and joined Evolution.

So, I'm glad that ECW is here to bring the talent of tomorrow. Even if we have to suffer through a few bad apples it'll still be worth it for the future of wrestling. Sometimes the bad apples are entertaining at the time, too. ^_^

6. Millz

No the Gymini were twins but the Basham's were separate bald twins...yes there were two sets of bald twins haha.

Batista debuted on SD! as Deacon Batista and was with Reverend Devon...or Devon Dudley to the lay person.

7. Unity

I barely got to see Deacon Batista, because I didn't have SD! on TV at the time. However, when he moved to RAW with Naitch as his manager, I became a big fan.