• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Taking things at face value

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
With the way that the media works it is forgivable to think that sources we deem reputable to be telling the truth and working in our best interests. The same counts for many people such as bosses, teachers, partners etc but how much do you take at face value?

When you are told something do you automatically believe it to be true because of the source or are you more skeptical and tend to research something more before you assume it to be correct?

I tend to question news sources and look elsewhere to try to compare but I also believe a lot of what I hear from The Guardian as I do tend to trust them. I also believe my boss has my best interests but the skeptical part of me still wonders and does not trust it.

stripes

Registered Member
I'm the skeptical type. I'll research anything I hear, or think about the motives behind things, before making my own judgment on a situation. It's always nice when there's a pleasant surprise, of course!

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Depends on if I care or see any reason to doubt something. For example, I was curious about what tapioca was the other day, so I looked it up and read that it was made from the root of a plant. Since I have no reason to suspect that's wrong, I just accepted it. Plus, tapioca's not exactly a big deal to me. There's other things, though, that I'll look pretty deep into. It just all depends.

Urstadt

Registered Member
I have a heard time taking things at face value. Many times, I just want to analyze what might be going on under the surface. But other times, I don't have the energy for it and prefer to take something at face value so I can just let it go.