• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Taking off your wedding ring

Bliss

Sally Twit
I know a have a lot of 'This person I know' stories but I promise they are all true. :lol:

So, this girl I know :)cute:) has been married for around four months. She had a conversation with one of my friends and said she wants to replace her wedding ring with a tattoo of her husband's name. The reason she gave? Because she is worried about scratching the ring. What the fuck ever! You obviously don't love him and want people to believe you're single when you're out. From what I've heard, she isn't even sure if her husband is the father of her child. He proposed to her shortly after their child was born. He is crazy about her but people don't believe she feels it back.

That is just my take on it.

My questions are this. Would you ever/have you ever taken off your wedding ring?

What do you think of names tattooed on the finger in place of the ring?

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That tattoo thing isn't classy IMO...I don't know what the word is I should use to describe it. I don't want to say "trashy" but it's not something I'd ever consider nor would I want my partner to consider.

That situation you described is pretty messed up. I don't think I'd ever take it off when I went out and the only times I would I would only do it because it was uncomfortable or something.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I didn't ever take mine off until the marriage was over.

I think that a name tattooed on the finger in place of a ring is pretty stupid. It's going to look like shit in 20 years. Not to mention that marriages don't usually last, whereas tattoos are permanent. Sorry to let my inner cynic out again, but it's true.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
You're right Jeanie, and tattoo parlours are usually against name tattoos of spouses anyway.

I don't think i'd ever take it off unless i couldn't wear rings for work or something - but even then it's go on a chain. What she's saying sounds fishy.

Impact

V.I.P.
I didn't ever take mine off until the marriage was over.

I think that a name tattooed on the finger in place of a ring is pretty stupid. It's going to look like shit in 20 years. Not to mention that marriages don't usually last, whereas tattoos are permanent. Sorry to let my inner cynic out again, but it's true.
Di pretty much summed up exactly what I wanted to say. The idea of tattooing a wedding ring, is right up there with tattooing your girlfriend/boyfriends name on you. Fucking ridiculous.

And i've never been married, but when I was engaged I didn't even take my ring off until it was over. My stepmoms wedding ring won't even come off her finger, it's literally stuck there. And every other married person I know doesn't take their ring off, unless it's for something they have to for health/safety reasons.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who are we to judge in this instance, seriously? Don't mean to sound like a jackass when I say this, but if they both agree to do it, then why not.

Also I don't agree with the whole
You obviously don't love him and want people to believe you're single when you're out.
if she really wants to take off her ring when she goes out then she can easily do it, she doesn't need to have that tattoo to make pretend she's not married.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I believe she's doing that in order to try and convince her husband she does want to be with him.
People are less likely to notice a small name on your finger than a wedding ring.
------
Also, a wedding ring is supposed to be a symbol of love and commitment.

My mum had an accident on a bus last year and she had to have her wedding ring cut off her finger as it had swollen up. She was heartbroken as she could not get it repaired. Luckily once it stopped hurting her my dad replaced it for her. But she hated walking around without her ring. Everyone asking if she was divorced.

This girl is always flirting with other men. I've seen it with my own eyes and also heard of her kissing a guy WEEKS after she had said 'I do'. It sickens me.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
This thread reminds me of my favorite scene from my favorite movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N242jaihDwo

He lost his wedding ring and his wife just died.

Anyway, not wanting to scratch your ring seems like a pretty silly reason to not wear it and get a tattoo instead. But to each his own.

I wouldn't take off my wedding ring unless I had to. And I think getting a tattoo of your spouse's name is pretty dumb.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I don't think wanting the tattoo instead of the wedding ring is necessarily a sign that she isn't that interested in the guy. But when you add in all of those other factors, you're probably right.

I don't see a problem with getting a spouse's name tattooed on you. Although getting it on a place as small as a finger doesnt seem like it would do much good, unless it was like the entire length of the finger :lol:

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
The idea of tattooing a wedding ring, is right up there with tattooing your girlfriend/boyfriends name on you. Fucking ridiculous.
^ What Imp said.

Every person I know, whose had a tattoo of their partner's name ended up splitting and having the tat removed. Seems kinda stupid and pointless since some relationship don't seem to last that long. (And more than half those people knew each other for less than 6 months and claimed to be "madly in love" :rolleyes:)

Anyways, I've never been married, but my very first boyfriend gave me a ring which I never took off. (I would consider it a promise ring, I guess.) There was really no point in wearing after we broke up, so yeah. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that, I'd never take my wedding ring off unless my marriage went down the crapper.