Taking Life One Day At A Time Getting Harder For Me

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I'm a big proponent of taking life one day (or even one moment) at a time. I think it's a good way to not worry too much about the future.

However, as I get older (I'm 40 years of age), I find it harder to take life one moment at a time. The reason is because as I get older, life goes by quicker for me. It feels to me like just a blink of an eye ago it was yesterday morning.

How about you? Do you try to take life one day at a time? And if so, are you good at it? Does it help you?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Is it because of regrets? We all have those.
"I'm 40 and if only I'd done this when I was 20 things would be different". I've heard that voice in my head 1000s of times. I'll tell you 2 things that you already know: 1) Every person walking around hears that same voice. No matter how successful or happy they seem. 2) You and I still have a lifetime in front of us. The past is gone.

Or is it the brevity of life?
I can't give you a pep talk for that but for me, I know that I will live forever. In Heaven. I don't know where you are with that. I also don't know how anyone deals with this issue without an understanding of God and eternity.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Don't worry about yesterday because its gone. Live the moment you are in to its fullest. Appreciate what you have and don't worry about the things you can't have.

Sometimes when evening comes I wonder what happened to the day, how did it pass so fast. Sometimes it seems like I just got up when its time to go to bed. The older I get the faster time flies. Nothing we can do about it so don't worry about it. Think this happens to everyone.