Taking classes online?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Has anybody here ever taken any classes online? I am thinking about taking some online classes in the near future and wanted to get some thoughts on whether or not it is a good idea. I think it all depends on the person, the type of classes, etc, but it would be nice to get a few opinions regardless.

It doesn't seem like it would be that bad to me. It would be a live class setting, meaning that I could see everything over a video stream (flash based desktop stream actually). There is also a phone line that class participants can call into to first of all hear the class, but secondly, interact with the teacher(s).

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Online classes tend to be hit or miss, and I recommend just taking the in-class classes. You don't have to go all the time, and the work isn't that hard.

Gwiz

Registered Member
I've taken online courses before and I do recommend it. They are only good if you know a lot of the material and if you want to complete it real quick. The price is very reasonable.

Teorropy

I took an online class, the professor for it was not very good, I think almost all the class ended up droping it. I still want to try again sometime.