Taking A Long Trip By Car

Discussion in 'Travel, Points & Rewards' started by Chaos, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Have you ever take long trips in a car? Maybe you do so regularly. It could be on the way to work, travelling to somewhere for a holiday, or even just for a day out. How do you entertain yourself as a passenger? What about if you're driving? How would you entertain yourself whilst keeping your attention on the road?

Personally, I like to bring a book and a lot of music. Depending on the length of the journey, sometimes I'll just go to sleep for part of the way. :lol: I don't drive, but I imagine if I was to drive very long distances, I'd spend much of the time listening to music and the radio.

2. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

When I drive or not on a long trip, I like to play 24. On most license plates, they have a 4 digit number on them. The object is like the card game 24. You have to use a combination of division, addition, subtraction or multiplication to get to the number 24. For example, the numbers on the license plate is 3117.

3x1=3
    7+1=8
    3x8=24

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I am not a fan of the long road trip. Too much time cooped up in the car can set off my seizures and that's not a good thing. I think I would rather fly to get where I want to go if it is far away from where I live.

4. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm usually the one driving when I go on a long trip, as most of my friends don't have licenses or only have a learners license, so pretty much the only way to entertain myself is with music. I do sometimes get distracted by other cars, or whatever I'm driving past but I've found it usually helps to keep focused on the road.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I enjoy long road trips. If I'm driving then there isn't much I can do besides listen to music. When I'm not driving I usually listen to music and stare out the window, look at maps, or play Game Boy. I can never sleep in the car.

6. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

I listen even sing along to a CD or a song on the radio. If I know the driver well enough we'd just talk alot.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Within the last six months, we (Jaszi and my family) took a trip to Parris Island, SC in one loonnngg trip (driving, yes, we're dumbasses). It was pure torture (I hate long car rides) but I entertained myself with my MP3 player, sleeping... and well, that was about it (oh and a few geocaches). We might have even got a few games of cards in. All I know, the next time I take a trip like that, I'm flying. Ha.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

9. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

[​IMG]

:shocked:

Wow, you do a lot then. Basically you do all the important stuff, except actually steer, huh? :lol:

10. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I hate long car trips. The only long car trips that I usually take is when I'm going on holiday. When I'm a passenger I usually read a book or listen to my iPod or play on my game boy, or play games with the other people in the car. If I'm the driver the radio and music can keep me entertained for a while. I don't mind talking to people when driving, it doesn't really distract me.