Taking a crap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pro2A, Feb 7, 2008.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

This is such a taboo subject, yet everyone does it. Everyone knows everyone else does it. Why do people freak when I tell them I gotta take a crap like they don't ever do it?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Because we've convinced ourselves (through years and years of socialization) that going to the bathroom is something filthy and only fit for uncivilized conversation. Personally, I think the whole taboo against it is funny as hell. Everybody poops (just like the children's book says) so indeed, why are we so "scared" of it?

3. maledoro

maledoro Strange Visitor

People aren't "scared" of it; they are disgusted by it. They don't want the image in their mind of that person (or anyone else) defecating, nor do they want to imagine the appearance and smell of the act associated with it.

[​IMG]

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Reminds me of an episode of 8 Simple Rules when Rory picks up the phone and it's some guy asking for his sister, and he's like, "I'm sorry. She's in the bathroom right now", and she's all "No! Nobody can know I use the bathroom! My social life is over..."

I would feel kind of awkward talking to someone who just finished taking a dump. I knw it's natural, but still.

5. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

The only way I would ever feel awkward talking about crap is if I were talking about taking a crap on someones face.

But that will never happen.

6. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

My sister got my nephew the book, "Everybody Poops" it's hilarious!

I tell my family that I poop. Hell, I'll excuse myself from the table and say, "I gotta drop some kids off at the pool." Or "I've got a turtle head poking out, be right back."

>.>

I remember once I told Jeanie I had to in a YM conversation.

But that's pretty much it. I won't tell anyone that I actually know outside of my family/here that I have to.

7. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

i remember that. that was hilarious.

poop is the OCD sufferer's kryptonite :nod:

8. Merc

Yes people are "scared" of it. It has nothing to do with the actual "act" of shitting or senses involved in it that bothers most people. Going to the bathroom is something we've convinced ourselves is something that we should just pretend doesn't exist. Like we shouldn't even mention it, just go do it and forget about it. It's just like the social taboo on "bad" words (shit, fuck, cock, tits, pussy, ass, damn, etc.), it's totally unfounded and completely moronic and based on baseless notions that it demoralizes and harms our society.

9. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

1. Whats a YM conversation?
    2. The text in your sig is amazingly relevant to this thread
    3. "Drop some kids off at the pool" Is fucking amazing

10. Merc

I'm pretty sure she's talking about Yahoo! Instant Messenger.

I remember seeing those books on a book shelf in a kid's toy store once while shopping for my younger sister. One mother looked at them and scoffed. I wanted to ask her if she pooped, too, but I resisted.