Take this 8 minute IQ test and tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by fractal, Jun 4, 2010.

1. fractal

fractal Eye see what you did ther

I've posted this under psychology since IQ tests fall under that category.

http://www.gigiassessment.com/
    The free test is called gigi sprint. It's basically an IQ society that admits you if you're in the top 5%. Now I've taken a million IQ tests online so I could figure out the logic in most questions within seconds.

I got a 108, and I believe most of my answers were correct. I don't understand how this test works.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010

2. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I did it and I got a 115.

I would've gotten a better score but I realized half way through the test they all weren't going in the same direction.

Like, I assumed I was just looking at each row going diagonal figuring out what was different. I may take another tomorrow just to test it/

3. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

I got 108 twice, lol. That's way off. I call bullshit deluxe!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  4. fractal

The same thing happened to me Tucker! It doesn't make sense. The International High IQ society used to have a different test and I used to get consistent results around 120 on that. When I took it the third time, I finished it 2 minutes earlier and got 112. What the hell!

5. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I did do it again and got a 117. You never know how accurate it is though.

6. fractal

I say it's good because it's producing nearly consistent results. That's how an IQ test is expected to be.

7. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

But the results being produced are inconsistent with those from other tests of this type. In my worst effort, on the hinkiest test around, I haven't scored below 135 in a buttload of years. The official test I was given through school came out a lot higher. Maybe the fact that gigi's questions are all pattern recognition/spatial mechanics problems has something to do with the discrepancy. I don't really know.

8. fractal

I thought the same thing, but it's unlikely that it's the case. Your 135+ score would qualify you for Mensa (2%), but you can't get into this one (5%) without a 124. Seems ridiculous right?

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I got a 108. I only finished 17 or 18 questions, but I'm pretty sure I got all of them right. Not sure how accurate this is. I usually score a bit higher on other IQ tests.

10. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

an 8 minute IQ test taken online won't tell you jack shit. It's nowhere near accurate. If you want an accurate assessment of your IQ, you'll want to have a trained psychologist administer the Wechsler or the Binet-Simon. A good intelligence test takes a long time to administer (at least an hour) and you'll feel like you've been through the wringer when it's done, no matter how smart you are.