Take out the best player...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who do you think has the best team if you take off there best player and why? I believe it's the Phoenix Suns and the Cleveland Cavaliers, because if you take off Steve Nash you still have Amare, Marion, Diaw, Barbosa and others. I know they struggle when he got injured during his first year as MVP but Barbosa has gotten way better since then.

Now if you take James off the Cavaliers I still believe they can have a dominant team, because Larry Hughes can be a 25ppg kind of player if he gets the touches, and you have big Z who can give you 20-10, and Gooden has proven that he can be an amazing player if he tries.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Yeah, Suns have a large number of guys who can pick up shooting slack.

Dallas is tryingt to improve on that. They're trying to lower Dirk's minutes and work load.

B

bballinyao06

I'd probably go with the Suns or the Mavs. They both have great players on their teams and if you take out one, the rest of the team can pick up the slack. With the Suns, you got Nash, Barbosa, Amare, Marion, and Diaw so if you take one out, opposing teams would still have to beat the others. And with the Mavs, you got Dirk, Harris, Terry, Stackhouse, etc. Either way, both teams would be hard to beat.

But I'm not sure if I agree with the Cavs pick. Without Lebron, I don't think they have the right players needed to pick up the slack and beat opposing teams dominantly. If they were to play the Suns, I think they would have a hard time trying to keep up with their offense, seeing as how Lebron contributes a lot to the Cavs offense.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't understand why people don't agree with me with the Cavs because they do have other great players capable all stars other then LeBron. Larry Hughes if a 25ppg kind of player if he gets touches, Big Z can give you 20-10 on a night to night basis, and they have a good bench as well Marshall can come in and give you instant scoring.

R

Rickster

I don't think the Suns at all. Take last night for an example, Nash had 21 assists in 30 minutes of gamtime. He puts the cohesiveness in that offense by himself. Take him out, and you got a mess with a lot of talent (think the Yankees).

M

mlh1981

I think the Spurs are still an OK team without Duncan

C

Celtic Fan

I think the Cavs wouldn't make the playoffs without Lebron.
Hughes has been a complete bust since joining the team.
Z is good but not reliable.
Gooden should be coming off the bench and not a starter.
They don't have a pg to to distribute the ball and keep the offence flowing, Lebron takes care of that.

The Mavs and Spurs would do best without their best player. Mavs have loads of talent and the Spurs would still have Parker and Manu to score and make the team work.
and role players who know their role.

pretty much any team from the East, save maybe the Bulls or Pistons would flounder without their best player. The Bulls and Pistons wouldn't because you can't say for sure who is the best player on the team as they are so balanced IMO.

Suns would be a playoff team but not an elite team. Nash really is the system there and makes it so much easier for the rest of the players.

I think the team that would be the most worse off would be my Celtics.. because they lost Paul and pretty much proved that theory... :(

The suns pretty much sucks without Steve Nash. He's the catalyst to his squad.

I'd say the lakers and Mavs do a pretty good job without their best player. The lakers were 5-2 or something without Kobe. The mavs can pretty much rely on Josh Howard, Jason Terry and Devin Harris to pick up the scoring.

C

Celtic Fan

I think the Lakers are too inconsistent even with their best player.
besides missing anything less than 10 games by the superstar can = the rest of the team kicking it into overdrive and over achieving for a short period.

The Suns become an average team without Nash and would most likely still make the playoffs IMO.

V

Vinsanity!

Who do you think has the best team if you take off there best player and why? I believe it's the Phoenix Suns and the Cleveland Cavaliers, because if you take off Steve Nash you still have Amare, Marion, Diaw, Barbosa and others. I know they struggle when he got injured during his first year as MVP but Barbosa has gotten way better since then.
Sure the team would look good on paper, but as we have seen, Nash got injured and they immediatly got hit with 3 game loosing streak.

I think if u take the best player out of the Pistons (assuming they have any) they could function normally...