• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Taji Japan Dolphin Livestream

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
This is very interesting. The annual dolphin slaughter that outrages the world in Japan is currently happening, and protesters and activists over there are filming and streaming it live.

Here's the link:

Live Stream | Ric O'Barry's Dolphin Project

I've been watching it for a while. I only wish I could be there. I admire these people so much for standing up for these dolphins and sharing their experience with the rest of the world so that Japan can no longer hide it's atrocities. One day I hope to be able to do something like this.

UPDATE: This is actually amazing to watch. So many people think that the case of dolphin and whale hunting in Japan is a case of Western nations trying to tell Japan what to do. But right now at that beach there are hundreds of Japanese protesters. There are some Americans there too, and Australians and a few people from other countries, but the majority of protesters are Japanese people who are sick of what their own country is doing.

One Japanese man just went into the water and stuck his head under. When he came out he was almost hysterical with tears because when he was under the water he could hear the panicked cries and clicks of over 200 scared dolphins that will be dead within the next few hours.

There are about 20 right-wing Nationalist Japanese people there protesting for the dolphin slaughter, and over 100 against it. This is one of the most positive things I've seen for animal rights in years. I can only imagine that this will keep growing every year until finally the Government will have to end this.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The rest of the world can complain all they want but its the Japanese people that will stop it. I think slaughtering dolphins or whales is horrible and I commend these people for their efforts. I hope they get it stopped.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yes that's exactly it Hilander! So many people think this is always a case of Westerners pushing the Japanese around, but today the Japanese people proved them wrong. This is actually the first Taiji protest to have Japanese people protesting, and there were heaps of them. There was also a large protest in Tokyo. The Government have been trying to hide this from their own people, but now they know and they are not happy about it.

These people can stop this.