Tailgating(car version)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is sort of a spin off to Iris thread, a lot of people thought she meant tailgating in a car when they read the thread title. So I decided to start a new thread about the car version. What do you do if your driving and some is tailgating you? I personally slow down, except if it's on the highway, and make him so mad. He wants to be on my bumper then he's going to pay for it. I can't stand when people are driving so close.

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

If I'm going over the speed limit by a bit already then I'll slow down a little, just to make a point. If I'm just under, at the speed limit, or on a non-restrictions zone then I feel pressured to go faster, so usually I do. I hate it when people do that though lol.

Then there are other times when I just don't react at all.

3. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

It normally doesn't bother me. It's pretty normal for the city that I live in. Sometimes I'll slow down if it's bugging me...or even put on the brakes enough for my tail lights to come on.

I am guilty of tailgating myself. Just this morning, some idiot gets over in the left lane in front of me. I was in a hurry because I was running late for work, btw...

The driver then proceeds to drive under the speed limit, and then wait for 4 cars to pass him before he moves back over to the right. I tailgated that sumbitch. I almost honked my horn at him too, but the horns in Toyota's aren't very intimidating. I don't think "meep meep" would have gotten my point across.

4. Arcadoc

Arcadoc Registered Member

What really irks me is people who front-gate. I mean who do these people think they are, backing up to my front bumper and doing the speed limit? Geez... ;)

5. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I hate it, makes me really nervous.

The first time i'd driven at night on my own someone was tailgating me-scared the crap outta me :-/

I ease off the gas-it really pisses them off, especially of they can't get around me XD

6. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I slow down and sit just below the speed limit, because when someone does that to me, it really pisses me off. I only tailgate people when i'm late for something, so assume the people who tailgate me are also late.

7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

No kidding:lol:

I admit I tailgate, I do it too much. I'm usually in a hurry so I do it trying to get people out of the way. I'm trying to not do it so often though.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well it's not too smart to slow down to try to teach them a lesson, that's for sure. I know somebody who was in a car when the driver decided to slow down to get rid of a tailgater and guess what? A few rolls later both cars were in the ditch and a few people died.

Of course that was the highway. Still though, it's usually best to just let them go around you.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

If I have someone tailgating me usually I just slow it down to where the speed gets so unbearable for them that they just pass me.

I'm an average speed driver, I dont go 80 everywhere, in fact Im usually really good about pinning my truck at 55mph at all times using the Cruise Control (or Cop Control as I call it :hah:). So I get passed all the time by people who just have to go faster than 55.

But if I get someone who literally gets so close to me that it starts bugging me I'll give them a little brake check. Nothign that would put me in immediate danger... just enough to let 'em know "get the fuck back or else".