Tag Teams

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by padd, May 26, 2008.

1. padd

padd Registered Member

Talk about Tags here.. good tags, prospectful tags, tags you'd like to see.. I'll start off from last week's Smackdown. Matt Hardy was tagged with Kofi Kingston. I found that one of the best pair ups in a while. Kofi's ahtletisism and Hardy's power.. as well as their charisma, I'm now suprised on why they don't make it official.. imo, it's championship worth. Alot better than the miz and morrison's ugly group.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not into just throwing random guys together to make teams like Kofi and Hardy. For starters Matt Hardy is the United States Champion and his focus needs to be on holding onto that belt and not a random tag team. But that's me.

Of course I thought the same thing about Miz and Morrison when they first started out too and look at them now. Of course their personalities are the same so I shoulda seen their awesomness from the beginning.

Anyways I love me some tag team wrestling and wish WWE did too because its apparent they dont give a shit about it anymore. First off I'd have only one pair of tag belts...there arent enough teams anymore to have two sets.

I'd give Cryme Tyme the straps since they are super over. Or Jesse and Festus and I love me some London and Kendrick. There are some capable teams out there but I'd love more. Push the Highlanders more or put more teams together and lets get this division running.

3. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Millz knows I freaking LOVE tag wrestling as well. I agree that all of the current teams need pushing. I think the belts should be taken off of Holly and Rhodes on RAW and should go to the Highlanders (who have been working for a long time now) or Cryme Tyme...and how could I forget Team Cantino! On the SD! side, I think Jesse and Festus deserve a run.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think the tag teams need to have credibility again, there a big disgress right now in my opinion. I think The Miz and Morrison are a great tag team and deserve the titles. I think Holly and Rhodes aren't a good tag team and need to lose the titles really soon to a team like Cryme Time, who I think if given a push can really carry the tag team division. I would love to see Kofi and Shelton team up as well, just to see if they could gel well together.

5. padd

padd Registered Member

how long has it gone down in focus, the tag teams? I didn't watch any wrestling between 2004 and 2007 so I don't know how it was during those recent years. It was important though, in the late 2000's, notably 2001 when wrestling was at it's finest hour in my opinion.

6. Unity

As far as teams I'd like to see, I think Kofi Kingston and Shelton Benjamin on the same page would be a force to be reckoned with.

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Don't laugh but I'm gonna say Big Daddy V and Mark Henry should tag up. They would be unstoppable and both have been managed by Matt Striker in the past. Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke would work as well although I want both of them as singles wrestlers.

8. Unity

Both of those teams would be good.

I think Big Daddy V and Henry would make a great team; they need it. I don't see the two of them doing too much as singles wrestlers. They don't really have a place right now. They'd be a dominant team on the SD/ECW roster.

9. padd

padd Registered Member

They're just freaks, they can't do anything as singles, I'm suprised Viscera is still in the business because he's always been nothing but a freak. I find Mark Henry can't even move.. he's always dubbed the worlds strongest man, but this is not a bench pressing competition.. the guy cant even walk for Christ sake! To put it another way, had they get tagged soon enough, maybe some kind of good plot can be created.. it doesnt even have to be a succesful run, maybe even something funny to watch like the Cantino team.

10. C_mac

C_mac Registered Member

Well, Big Daddy V is losing weight at the moment. lol

Morrison and Miz is a great team. It really has helped the Miz improve. Though I would like to see them apart soon. Morrison has a bright future in front of him. The tag team I want to see is Matt Sydal and Kofi Kingston. I believe they could be an amazing team. Both are great highflyers.