Tabletop Roleplaying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nevyrmoore, May 25, 2009.

1. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I know there are roleplayers out there, there's a group made about the subject.

So who here likes a bit of pen and paper roleplaying, do you like roleplaying on the Internet, and what systems do you like?

I myself want to get into roleplaying in person, but unfortunately I don't know of any places near me where I can find groups. This leads me to turn to the net, but I haven't had much luck yet.

As for specific systems, I'm kinda drawn to skill based systems like GURPS or Shadowrun.

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I'm a pen and paper roleplayer. I've always played in person. I was lucky to find the role playing club at my school.

3. gmash

gmash Registered Member

I've always wanted to learn playing pen and paper RPGs but I have no free time. I'm fan of cRPGs but I bet it's not the same.

4. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Na, not the same, but they're inspired by the pen & paper versions. Let me put it like this: imagine a cRPG that gives you unlimited choice in all scenarios. For example, instead of killing the bad guy or freeing him, you can decide to beat him half to death, or make him your personal slave, or wrench the soul from his body to use as a material component for an animated set of armour, or...

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  5. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

My friends introduced me to pencil and paper RPGs back in middle school, and I've been hooked ever since.

I never got into RPing on the internet, mostly because my computers have all sucked up until recently.

6. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

...you could take up his cause, or you could lecture him on proper monologue technique, or decide that he needs a hug, or turn him into a lawn decoration, or...