T.O. Suicide Attempt

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Doc, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

-ESPN

Apparently he tried to overdose on pain killers. Some of the lesser-known details of Owens are that he was a bullied kid in school, and was actually a loner in the locker rooms. In his previous two teams he was very lonesome, even crying to his mother on the phone. The flamboyancy only seems to be a cover up for his psychological shortcomings.

Everyone is human.

2. Albey

Albey Registered Member

Got a link on it scuba?

3. Doc

The underlined ESPN is a link.

He has said publically that it was a bad mix between his suppliments and the pai medication for his fingers.

Please, think about that. What pain medication could they have possibly given him that could counteract a dietary suppliment? It was also stated that somewhere around 35 of the pills were missing from the bottle, and his publicist personally had to try to pry two of them out of his mouth.

On a more human note, he is handling it with dignity and I don't blame him for keeping it private.

4. Doc

They seem to have taken the old link down, so here is the most recent version of the story: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2604395

I still don't know whether to believe him and the media or not, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

5. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Im starting to rely in ESPN less and less.. not only was this story a bunch of BS (who could have a press conference hours after haveing his stomach pumped, let alone a OD)

They also reported that Matt Lienart would be starting next sunday for the AZ Cardnials, which also proved to be false.

6. Doc

I've had friends drinking with me in a bar not more than hours after being released for a stomach pump. He went in around 7 the night before, and was released the next morning. Seems pretty plausable to me.

And ESPN said that the Cards should and may start Leinart, but the Cards decided to stick with their current QB for at least one mroe week.

7. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

drinking is one thing... I do it even after being sick all day.. thats not hard..

Do a press conference hours after it, then he went to NFL practice right after the press conference! Sure he is one of the biggest morons in the NFL, but Im sorry, he never intended to commit suicide.

T.O. is a moron, but if you still think he tried to commit suicide, then you are a bigger moron!

8. Doc

I don't appreciate being a moron, Tater. I have very logical reasons for believing that he attempted suicide.

First, the bottle of pills he had was empty/nearly empty. He hurt his hand last week, so he had to have been taking the pills then and the entire week. Owens is known to adhere to a very strict training regiment, and watches VERY closely what he puts into his body, he's very proud of it. Why didn't the pills affect him when he was catching in practice earlier that day? How about the six days before that?

Second, He is a very troubled man. Not just a moron, it's very superficial to think that he's a moron. His eccentricity is actually a cover for many years of abuse and neglect. His mother was 16 and had an affair with an older man who lived across the street. He never knew who that man was, and was raised by a very unworthy grandparent; enough to cause severe distress later in life.

Third, his locker room ethic is very unusual. In both the 49ers and the Eagles he was a very quiet, shy man. He never spoke much, and it's been said many times that he was very introverted. He is obviously psychologically disturbed.

I'm more than pleased to bring you intelligent discussion, but don't insult me. It's very immature.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  9. cheezer465

cheezer465 Registered Member

i hope t.o. kills himself he is full of shit

10. Doc

Why? He's a excellent athlete with a troubled life. No one, who hasn't committed horrible crimes, deserves to die.