T.O. gets new deal with Dallas

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL -

I'm really glad he signed a contract extension, Dallas are my favorite team and Terrell Owen is my favorite player. I think he's one of the best Wide Outs in the league, he hasn't gotten in any trouble with the Cowboys since Parcells left, and he deserves the money he's gotten.

2. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I don't mind T.O. but it's a shame he let his ego get him kicked off the Eagles team and it's funnier that of all teams he signed up with a rival team.

3. lryusaki

lryusaki Registered Member

T.O. is a great reciever but he needs to go back to eagles. He made them perfection and without him they suck.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

That means Dallas would suck without him also.

Matriqulated likes this.
  5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

T.O isn't going anywhere and I don't think the Eagles suck at all it's just they havent had any big time Wide Receivers since Owens left the team. IF McNabb actually someone to the throw the ball to then he'd be one of the top Quarterbacks in the league, just like he was when Owens was in Philly.

6. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

They do. I believed they only scored 1 touchdown in 2 or 3 games without him towards the end of last season. Romo without Owens is a back up. With Owens= probowl QB.
    ------
    I totally agree. Mcnabbs numbers the one year with Owens were insane. Owens is a top 5 receiver and like most, those guys elevate the other wr's and the QB. Jerry Jones gave TO his money so he will retire with Dallas, probably in 3 years instead of the 4. Anyway, it was no coincidence that Owens got his deal around the same time Chad decided to back pedal. Jerry Jones was really trying to make that deal and the Bengals just weren't having it. I'm glad the Bengals stood their ground. But anyway, Jerry Jones has been spending money like it's already 2010 and there is no salary cap. I hope the owners find away to get a new deal in place soon, because if there is a salary cap in 2010, Jones just strapped his team down in '08.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Which reminds me, do McNabb and Owens even speak to each other when they meet?

8. Matriqulated

They said everything was squashed and pretend to like each other. Owens has 'apologized' to the Eagles and Donovan after the famous Drew Rosenhous "next question" episode. But you can tell whenever one is asked about the other, they still hate each other. He ruined what could have been something very special and they both know it. Kind of like a divorce.

9. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I ask b/c I was watching the NFL network the other day and apparently Eagles fans liked T.O more than they did McNabb at that time.

10. Matriqulated

I'll say I liked them both his first year here. I didn't see the show you are refering to so I'm not sure how they put it exactly, but NFL network usually gets things right. There are certainly a sect of Owens fans to date, but I think that at that time all the Donovan "haters" were silenced by their performance on the field up until the Super Bowl. Then all hell broke loose. There is clearly a division of Eagles fans these days. Some want to start the young Kevin Kolb and trade Mcnabb, and there are those like myself who realize he is the most winning QB in Eagles history. He's already taken the team to a Super Bowl so you know he CAN get there, it is up to the FO to provide him with the weapons to do so IMO. And that to me is the difference, there are fans who realize that A QB passing game can only get as good as the receivers he has to throw to come playoff time. Before Owens the Eagles wide outs were the worst in the league. Since he has left they have only slightly upgraded the supporting cast.

There is also a small minority of racist who have been anti Donovan since day one, but I ignore those fools. His controversy with comments made on HBO (even though all he did was answer a question honestly), and comments made by that fat fuck Rush Limbaugh only fueled that non-sense.

Then there is last years media fueling of the Mcnabb trade rumors. Reid drafted Kevin Kolb expecting to have to groom the kid into a starter as a 2 or 3 year project. But every news outlet reported it as if it meant Mcnabb was already out. Obviously they were wrong, but I'll admit if Mcnabb missed any significant time this year due to injury he'll probably be traded. In the following offseason.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008