• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

System uptime, everybody?

Urstadt

Registered Member
How long has everybody's computer been up and running (aka: uptime)?

For Windows users:

Start menu ---> Run ---> *type* cmd ---> *type* systeminfo ---> *Enter* ---> scroll back up to the line that says "System Up Time" and post data here.

Linux and Mac users:

open a console and type "uptime" post output here.

[email protected]:~$
13:08:00 up 9 days, 23:41, 2 users, load average: 0.15, 0.15, 0.13

dDave

V.I.P.
I restarted this morning (I added a 1gb readyboost flashdrive) But there's really no way for me to know how long my computer was on before that.

My computer runs literally 24/7 non stop and has been for 5 years, I think I've had a total of one week of downtime combined.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I don't tend to leave my pc on for that length. On the weekend my pc will usually be on from the time I wake up (about 8am) to whatever time I go to bed and I occasionally leave it on over night if I am downloading something big.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
mine doesn't say anything about uptime but it does have a 'system boot time' which reads 22nd of June so I'm assuming that's it? I usually only restart it whenever those stoopid updates need to be installed or things get a big laggy... which is rare.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Mine is like the Bexinator's. It says boot time, which was at 6/16/11 at a quarter to four in the morning.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hmmm that's kinda fun, never seen this before.

My work computer sits at 9 days, 20 hours, 9 minutes and 20 seconds

dDave

V.I.P.
Mine is like the Bexinator's. It says boot time, which was at 6/16/11 at a quarter to four in the morning.

I probably should have mentioned this as well, I looked it up and it wasn't there either.

jackofalltrades

Registered Member
Clocking in at a paltry 6 and a half hours. I've been known to leave my machine on for weeks at a time though. That all changed when I started paying my own electricity bills ;)