• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Swimming

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Does anyone here swim for fitness or weight loss? Due to the size of my boobs running is very painful for me, so I've always had trouble finding a cardio workout. But lately I've taken up swimming and love it. It seems to be an ideal exercise since it works out your entire body but is low impact on your joints etc unlike running. The only problem is I get bored just doing laps over and over again and because of that usually don't swim for a long time. I wish I had one of those underwater MP3 players.

Reactions: Doc

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I can't run because I have bilateral hip replacements...if I'm doing cardio at all I'll usually bike, but I had been told that swimming was pretty much the ideal workout because you get all of the resistance with no impact (not you, Lauren. :lol:).

I'd love to swim for exercise but the membership to a place like the YMCA that has a pool good for that is too high, and it's too crowded. So unless i win the lottery or get an apartment that has a good pool, I may not be pursuing this option anytime soon.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah I got lucky in that. The apartment complex I live in has a lap pool in it. If it wasn't for that pool I probably wouldn't pay to use a local one. My friend swims in one and has to pay something like $3 everytime he goes for a swim. That would really build up fast.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't, but it's definitely a great exercise. Lots of my friends have pools, so during the summer I'll head over and do around two dozen laps or so. I'm not the greatest swimmer(when it comes to speed and length) but I do enjoy it.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I swim like a fish and its really healthy too. If I get tired I just lay on my back and if were at a lake then I can climb on the boat or on my board or something. But mostly i like to float.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Maybe you can find aquagym programs there. In here it's common. I've seen them do the collective exercises (with music). They also have aquabikes.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wish that I did because it's definitely a nice workout and I think would be more fun than running or riding a bike and whatever.

Just not as easy to go find somewhere to swim haha

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I love swimming. I'm self ta ught, but ther'es nothing more special than waking up in a tent, climbing out and jumping in a lake while the sun is rising!

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Does anyone here swim for fitness or weight loss? Due to the size of my boobs running is very painful for me, so I've always had trouble finding a cardio workout. But lately I've taken up swimming and love it. It seems to be an ideal exercise since it works out your entire body but is low impact on your joints etc unlike running. The only problem is I get bored just doing laps over and over again and because of that usually don't swim for a long time. I wish I had one of those underwater MP3 players.
You should considered a sports bra, whether it's one for outdoor use or waterproof one.

I never have used water as a source to get fit because I get bored easily. Pools for me is a place of fun and excitement, not torture and pain.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Lol, you think I wouldn't have considered a sports bra? I've had hundreds, I've had experts fit them on me, I've had bras that go over other bras etc. The thing about sports bras is that once you get so large there's basically nothing any bra alive can do to reduce the pain and bounce. They make them so tight to reduce bounce that it's like trying to run in a corset. It almost cuts off your air and makes it hard to breathe. Not ideal for running.