• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sweet potatoes

brikaben

Registered Member
I love roasted sweet potatoes, I prefer them much more than normal roasted potatoes.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Sweet potatoes need lots of spices like allspice, cloves, cinnamon, and vanilla. The most epic thing for that is sweet potato pie. I never tried to make one so I dont have a recipe but you can probably google and find one.

Elanor

Registered Member
I love them roasted! Not a fan of them mashed though. I chop them up, put them in a bowl and mix them up with some groundnut oil, whatever herbs I feel like using, but usually Italian herb seasoning, and then put in the oven for about 20 - 30 minutes. I had that for dinner today with some chicken, and roasted courgette, red pepper and onion, it is a really lovely combination.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I love them roasted! Not a fan of them mashed though. I chop them up, put them in a bowl and mix them up with some groundnut oil, whatever herbs I feel like using, but usually Italian herb seasoning, and then put in the oven for about 20 - 30 minutes. I had that for dinner today with some chicken, and roasted courgette, red pepper and onion, it is a really lovely combination.
That sounds really nice,in fact I may give that a go on Sunday, that way I can also do some normal roast potatoes as well in case the kids don't like the sweet ones.

Elanor

Registered Member
That sounds really nice,in fact I may give that a go on Sunday, that way I can also do some normal roast potatoes as well in case the kids don't like the sweet ones.
That sounds like a good idea. I chop up the sweet potato smaller than I would normal potatoes, and I think they cook a bit quicker than normal too. I was really tempted to chop up and roast the other half of the sweet potato I had earlier, but I restrained myself and had wine instead :lol:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I have to be in the mood to eat sweet potatoes. They're a bit sweet for my taste so I prefer regular potatoes over them.

wolfheart

Registered Member
Well I tried these over the weekend, done a few with the roast dinner.
I liked them, but I seemed to be the only one, the kids hated them as did there mum, I would not have them all the time but they did add a little extra to the dinner.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've grown to like baked sweet potatoes better than regular baked potatoes. I also really love sweet potato fries and will order them at restaurants when I can. They have a lot more flavor than regular fries.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've never tried sweet potato fries. Do you just cut them up like you would white potatoes or do you have to boil them some first?

Taliesin

Registered Member
Hi, we never boil them first. It isn't necessary. If you follow that recipe I gave on the first page of this thread, you'll get a lovely batch of fries that are to die for, believe me. ;)