Sweet or Savory

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by StroShow, Mar 4, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Pretty simple question here and I hope it hasn't been asked before. I actually couldn't find it in the Search option. If you ever feel for a snack is your craving for something sweet or salty?? Please explain.

Discuss

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Depends on what time of month it is, honestly. Sorry if that's TMI but my snack cravings really vary. Usually cravings are ridiculously specific and nothing else will do. Like Hint of Lime Tostitos with queso dip. Or a Little Debbie Fudge Round. Or blue cheese-stuffed olives. or smoked salmon with cream cheese on sea salt bagel chips.

So usually it's a salty craving, but not always.

3. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

Like Jeanie said, it all depends on that time of the month... sometimes I crave something savory, other times I crave something sweet. My PMS likes variety. :)

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

We have had this thread before but it's a year old.

Mostly savoury for me. I don't really like sweets (i.e. candy) and I'd much prefer a sandwich to chocolate or something.
    Also, I don't get specific cravings like Jeanie does. Most of the time I'm just either hungry or not hungry, simple as that :hah: It's only specific if I know I can't have it any time soon. Like KFC. We don't have KFC in the town I moved to and it kills me.

5. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Salty for sure. I'm not real big on sweets, and I'm probably one of the few females in the world that doesn't care for chocolate.

Bliss likes this.
  6. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I'm right there with you...I never understood the big deal with chocolate, or sweets in general. I'd rather have a salty snack any day.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'm a sweet gal. I won't always go for chocolate but I prefer sweet over savoury.

Funny you mention you have cravings, Jeanie. I am the total opposite. Sometimes I have to skip meals during that time because I just feel so rotten.