• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sweet Jesus ice cream shops face boycott, as Christians call its branding 'hate speech'

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

Impaired

Registered Member
And some people protested Chick Fil A - your right to protest whatever you want. I can understand why people would be offended. I personally wouldn't use the name. However, so what? My drill instructor in basic was fond of saying, "Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and they all stink."

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I probably wouldn't go there. Its the way a boycott is supposed to be right? I'm not going and I'm telling my friends why I decided not to go. I don't see anything wrong with that.

To properly compare it to the Chick-Fil-A protest, you'd have to have governments banning the ice cream shop from moving into town and you'd have to have Christians showing up at the shop preaching their religion. Because that's what happened at Chick-Fil-A. That I would never do and I would never support.

I don't understand the hate speech angle. I know that Canada is more into that than we are. I don't understand why anyone gets upset over speech.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't like it but they can call it what they want, its their business. Doubt I would go there.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
People shouldn’t be able to sue just because something offends them. You’ll probably be offended regularly throughout your adult life. Ignore it and move on.