• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SWAT teams claim they’re private companies

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
After the ACLU sent open records requests as part of its investigative report on police militarization, SWAT teams in Massachusetts claimed they were exempt because they were private corporations.

Mass. SWAT teams claim they’re private companies and don’t have to tell you anything
I don't see where they get they don't have to tell you anything or they are a private corporation. They are being paid by taxpayers, performing police duties, so I think their records should be open.

Kind of makes me wonder what they are trying to hide. If I were a resident of Massachusetts I wouldn't like this at all. If it turns out they don't have to disclose their records fire them all and start over with a new team.

Thoughts?