• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Swagbucks is a bust, what else should I try?

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
I have the usual salaried, full-time office job and would like to make some spare cash during the lulls. I ran across a recommendation for Swagucks and gave it a try, but the most I've earned in a month is $35 worth of Amazon gift cards. That's a lot of clicking for a minimal reward. What side hustle should I try next? I'd like to grind out extra money while at work if possible.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Doesn't sound like what you are doing now is worth it but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Some people make extra money selling on eBay. Can't do that entirely at work though. Have to take pictures of the merchandise but you could keep an eye on it at work.

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
Doesn't sound like what you are doing now is worth it but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Some people make extra money selling on eBay. Can't do that entirely at work though. Have to take pictures of the merchandise but you could keep an eye on it at work.
I hope I didn't leave the impression that Swagbucks is a scam, because it isn't. I've gotten paid a few times. But, it's your average "get paid to" site and none of them pay well. I haven't thought about eBay, mostly because I don't have anything to sell on hand.. Have you heard of Listia? It's similar to eBay except you bid with points. I used to flip Coke rewards points on that site and did pretty well. So maybe eBay is worth a try. Thanks!

download prestomap. Most of the jobs are a few bucks but some of them pay very well. Do it on your way home, lunch break, etc.
I appreciate the tip. I've never heard of prestomap and can't wait to give it a try Monday. By the looks of things it should be interesting and a chance to get out of the office.

NellyBell

Registered Member
If you like to read and write, you could always try your hand at book reviews. There's a site called Online Book Club that pays its reviewers. The pay varies on your level, you're doing it for free at first (but you get a free book!), and it's not too hard to move up the levels. If you have a twitter, you can also make minimal money for liking, commenting on and retweeting their "book of the day". It's like $5 a month plus a dollar for every 100 viewers you have, but it's super minimal work.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I hope I didn't leave the impression that Swagbucks is a scam, because it isn't. I've gotten paid a few times. But, it's your average "get paid to" site and none of them pay well. I haven't thought about eBay, mostly because I don't have anything to sell on hand.. Have you heard of Listia? It's similar to eBay except you bid with points. I used to flip Coke rewards points on that site and did pretty well. So maybe eBay is worth a try. Thanks!

I appreciate the tip. I've never heard of prestomap and can't wait to give it a try Monday. By the looks of things it should be interesting and a chance to get out of the office.
In my area there are bank of america jobs that are paying $150 to apply for a credit IF you are between the ages of 18 and 21. Jobs like that are rare but when you find one you can rack up. If I was 20 years old, I'd take a day off work and do 5-6 of them.
I've gotten a few sweet gigs like that. Takes 4-6 weeks to pay but they always pay.

MissMe

Registered Member
I use Swagbucks for extra gift-cards and usually make about $50 a month. It's easy to do and easy to earn so I won't stop doing it just because it's a small amount. I know some people that make money off of Fiver. I haven't tried it but you may want to check that one out.

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
I use Swagbucks for extra gift-cards and usually make about $50 a month. It's easy to do and easy to earn so I won't stop doing it just because it's a small amount. I know some people that make money off of Fiver. I haven't tried it but you may want to check that one out.
I used to earn $50 a month a couple years ago, but the more I'd earn, the higher the goal was getting set. It also feels as though searches don't reward as often and the offers don't credit as easily either. When I step away for a few months, it seems to reset where I'm earning more easily again. Have you experienced this? It could just be me. You're right though, it's simple mindless clicking. That's why I like it. I can click away at work and while watching television. But, lately I'm only earning $35 or so. I'd like to find something more lucrative that doesn't take up as much time.

Have you tried Bing rewards? I earn a $5 gift card from there every month just by using Bing from time to time.

If you like to read and write, you could always try your hand at book reviews. There's a site called Online Book Club that pays its reviewers. The pay varies on your level, you're doing it for free at first (but you get a free book!), and it's not too hard to move up the levels. If you have a twitter, you can also make minimal money for liking, commenting on and retweeting their "book of the day". It's like $5 a month plus a dollar for every 100 viewers you have, but it's super minimal work.
I'm going to try this one. I'm not a fantastic writer, but I can improve and this sounds interesting. Thanks for the tip!

In my area there are bank of america jobs that are paying $150 to apply for a credit IF you are between the ages of 18 and 21. Jobs like that are rare but when you find one you can rack up. If I was 20 years old, I'd take a day off work and do 5-6 of them.
I've gotten a few sweet gigs like that. Takes 4-6 weeks to pay but they always pay.
Nothing is popping up for my area. Could be because I live in a smaller area. If you apply for a credit card, doesn't that ding your FICO score? Or do they give you false information to enter?

Since you're having luck with prestomap, you should look up focus groups in your area. If you hit the right demographic you can make good money. It isn't consistent though.

MissMe

Registered Member
Have you tried Bing rewards? I earn a $5 gift card from there every month just by using Bing from time to time.
Yes I do use Bing Rewards. I have it on my computer and my phone to earn through the searches. This one is very easy to earn on and takes just minutes a day. $5 isn't a lot but it's a quick $5 so I do it every day.