• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Suzumiya Haruhi

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
Has anyone heard of this anime? I'm not sure about the name, it might be backwards and it's not the full name. But, I saw a preview of it on that anime-reviewer podcast and it looked pretty sick. I haven't started watching but it looks good.

Malificus

Likes snow
Yeah I heard of it. Haruiism also happens to be one of (if not the) the biggest memes in the anime community. Its full name is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
Yeah! That's it. I saw that podcast "Track-Shun" (anyon seen it?), and the guy said it was his favorite anime of the year. So I thought I'd give it a lookl. I haven't started watching yet, but the animation and story look good.

Malificus

Likes snow
It's been Liscenced by Bandai Entertainment, and the first disc will come out My 29th.

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
That's awsome. If found a couple of episodes online from youtube and stuff, but the quality isn't good. But I'll be sure to pick those up when the hit the stores.

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF
I watched a few episodes. It is a pretty good anime I like it a lot. It can be odd at times and very edgy but thats what makes it exciting

H

HitBattousai

It's very good as a parody of anime/games to some extent. I would bet on a second season.

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
It's very good as a parody of anime/games to some extent. I would bet on a second season.
I hope there would be a second season. I've heard some rumours, but they haven't said anything official yet. The first DVDs are supose to be released in North Ameria in late May. More releases are supose to come after later this year. Including, more DVDs and the light novels/manga.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Heh. Its a very good anime and probably people have been talking about this anime since it has come out (what about 8 months ago?). Very popular and known for its parody and humor. I enjoyed it.

Its very popular has been liscensed by Bandai and probably one of the biggest liscenses of the year.

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
Heh. Its a very good anime and probably people have been talking about this anime since it has come out (what about 8 months ago?). Very popular and known for its parody and humor. I enjoyed it.

Its very popular has been liscensed by Bandai and probably one of the biggest liscenses of the year.
Yeah, I heard the same thing. I had saw it for the first time a week ago on a anime-review show. The guy said it was his favorite anime of the year so I decided, "what the hell? I'll check it out." I learned that it had a huge fan base in Japan as well. Also it is just now starting to come to North America. The first release here isn't for two more months I think. They better make a second season because 14 episodes is way too little for an anime as great as this one.

NEW: I just finished this serious today, and all I have to say is wow. This is probably one of the best animes I've ever seen. It was kind of slow, and I down to the last to episodes and I was wondering when the conclusion was comming and then, wham! It just comes right and you and it was done so well! Another season is being made and is planned to be released in Japan this fall! I'm looking forward to it.