Suspicious email...Please help!!!

Few days ago i recieved email from some lawyer, this is exact copy of it:

It may surprise you by receiving this letter from me,since there was no previous
correspondence between us.My name is Barr.Lai Tuck Yew a Malaysian
national and personal Attorney to Late Mr Martins Chnaider, who was hereinafter
called my client.

My purpose of contacting you is for you to help secure the funds left behind by
my late client, to avoid it being confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Bank.
Where this fund valued ($US 3,600,000.00) Three Million Six Hundred Thousand
United States Dollars deposited by my client before his death.

This Bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin or the account will
be declared unserviceable and the fund diverted to the Bank treasury,So far all my
efforts to get a hold of someone related to this man has proved abortive.Hence,I
have contacted you.

I am actually asking for your consent to present you to the Bank as the Next of Kin/
beneficiary of my late client's fund, since you have the same last name,so that the
proceeds of this account can be paid to your account,then we can share the fund on
a mutually agreed,based on percentage.

All the legal documentations to back up your claim as my client's Next of Kin I
shall provide them. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us achieve this
transaction.

The intended transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will
protect you from any infraction of the law.However,if this business proposition offends
your moral ethics,do accept my sincere apology.If on the contrary you wish to achieve
this goal with me kindly get back to me with your interest via this email address for further explanation.

Kindest Regards,

Barr.Lai Tuck Yew
(LLB Hons.)

Does anybody seen this before, what is it ? Spam or just someone wana gets my personal info.

P.S. I have second email, after asked him who is he and what does he do?
He answered me even provided his foto id. But i am not familiar with photshop and cannot tell if its fake.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
That is definitely a scam. If you like being the only one with your identity, then don't send them your info. They will try to take money out of your bank account and who knows what else.

$3M would be nice but it's not real. :(

I got the same email and humored him til the end. Everything was going well until he told me to wire him $2000 to open the bank account that was holding the inheritance. Malaysian bank procedures. He sent me some official looking documents and everything. One thing, never send money. It was funny how he got my last name. At the same time I got his email I got a bunch of other scams. You know the one that says he's in the U.K. and needs someone in the U.S. to deposit all these money orders. Just to forward all but 10%.

Thanks guys, for your help

I found my answers. That is exactly what i thought :)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Anything like that will be crap. They'll contact you through the mail and give you numbers to call first.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I was watching the news last night and there was a sweepstake scam. In order to receive your "winnings" all you have to do is pay the tax. I would think that if you do win something that they subtract the tax from your winnings.